An easy Thai dish to make that can be as delicious as the authentic versions found in restaurants and markets throughout Thailand
This quick and easy recipe is an excellent introduction cooking and eating Thai food and a great dish for those who are already converts to Thai cuisine.
Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
For the sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 heaped tablespoon brown sugar
- Mix all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside
For the stir fry
2 tablespoons vegetable or groundnut oil
1 brown onion chopped
2 red chillies chopped – remove seeds and membrane for a milder curry, add additional chillies or hotter varieties (birds eye) for a spicier version
4 chicken breast fillets sliced into mouth sized pieces
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1 large pepper, chopped (could use 2 small peppers of different colours to add a more vibrant look to the dish)
75g cashew nuts
2 dried chillies (optional)
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the cashew nuts and peppers and cook until the nuts turn light brown. Remove from the pan onto a paper towel to soak up any excess oil and to rest
- Add the garlic, onion and chillies into the wok and stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes, be careful not to burn the garlic or onion.
- Add the chicken and fry until cooked – around 5 minutes
- Add the cashew nuts and peppers to the pan and toss to mix ingredients together
- Add the sauce to the wok, mixing together until the sauce is hot.
- Serve with a portion of jasmine rice – remove dried chillies if used unless you like it real warm.
Have you tried this recipe?
Let us know how it went and if you enjoyed it.
Do you have any South-East Asian recipes you would like to share? Contact us
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Proposals Submitted For Vietnam Vaccine Passport
- James Bond Island Under Threat
- End To Phuket Quarantine May Be Delayed
- Hopes For Indonesia Tourism From July
- More Restrictions Announced In Thailand
- Philippines extends Travel Ban
- Vietnam Twitter Highlights
- Singapore Airlines Confirms Latest Flight Schedule
- New Lockdown Fears in Thailand