My favourite pictures #1
I think like most people at the moment I have been spending more time reflecting and looking back at past trips.
So here is the first in a series of pictures that have some sort of significance to me, they might not always be the best pictures but they all mean something to me.
On our first evening in Chiang Mai we ventured from our hotel, grabbed something to eat and then went to explore the nearest market. All the usual Thai market items were there as we wandered around not really shopping just having a general look around.
Then we saw it. Ice cream, but not as we knew it.
Hundreds of combinations of ingredients, combined on a cold plate to create ice cream as we watched, then rolled and served in a cup. I love ice cream, but ice cream and a bit of a show? I was in.
We ordered and wow!
They added the fresh ingredients to the cold plate and rapidly finely chopped the pieces that started to solidify and form the ice cream. It was then finely spread over the cold plate and once ready scraped into the distinctive rolls.
I have no idea if it was the heat still hanging in the air, the show or just the taste but it tasted incredible.
Suffice to say we returned every night for another fix.
Thai rolled ice cream has become increasingly popular and I have seen it in more and more places, but none have tasted quite as good as my first time.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Green Schemes For A Sustainable SingaporeHawker Centre Singapore. Credit Holiday Point on flickr Singapore has announced a number of new schemes designed to improve the sustainability of SingaporeContinue reading “Green Schemes For A Sustainable Singapore”
- Top 10 Scuba Diving Locations in ThailandWhale Shark. Credit TANAKA Juuyoh on flickr. Thailand is a stunning location for scuba diving with a number of world class dive sitesContinue reading “Top 10 Scuba Diving Locations in Thailand”
- Thai Airways To Slash Jobs and PlanesThai Airways tailfin. Credit TwentyFour Students on flickr Thai Airways have now submitted their Debt Rehabilitation Plan as they attempt to fight offContinue reading “Thai Airways To Slash Jobs and Planes”
- Da Nang Plans To Be Vietnam Tourism HubPicture My Khe Beach, Da Nang, Vietnam. Leaders in Da Nang have published plans for the city to become a “spearhead tourism city”Continue reading “Da Nang Plans To Be Vietnam Tourism Hub”
- Bali To Vaccinate 50,000 Tourism Workers In Bid To Reopen IslandBali Beach, Bali, Indonesia. Credit Sven Scheuermeier on Unsplash More than 50,000 workers in the tourism industry have been registered for the island’sContinue reading “Bali To Vaccinate 50,000 Tourism Workers In Bid To Reopen Island”
- Open Thailand Safely Campaign Calls For 1st July Opening Of BordersBangkok, Thailand. Credit Dan Freeman on Unsplash More than 20 international tourism companies have launched a campaign calling for the reopening of bordersContinue reading “Open Thailand Safely Campaign Calls For 1st July Opening Of Borders”