My favourite pictures #1
I think like most people at the moment I have been spending more time reflecting and looking back at past trips.
So here is the first in a series of pictures that have some sort of significance to me, they might not always be the best pictures but they all mean something to me.
On our first evening in Chiang Mai we ventured from our hotel, grabbed something to eat and then went to explore the nearest market. All the usual Thai market items were there as we wandered around not really shopping just having a general look around.
Then we saw it. Ice cream, but not as we knew it.
Hundreds of combinations of ingredients, combined on a cold plate to create ice cream as we watched, then rolled and served in a cup. I love ice cream, but ice cream and a bit of a show? I was in.
We ordered and wow!
They added the fresh ingredients to the cold plate and rapidly finely chopped the pieces that started to solidify and form the ice cream. It was then finely spread over the cold plate and once ready scraped into the distinctive rolls.
I have no idea if it was the heat still hanging in the air, the show or just the taste but it tasted incredible.
Suffice to say we returned every night for another fix.
Thai rolled ice cream has become increasingly popular and I have seen it in more and more places, but none have tasted quite as good as my first time.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Could Malaysia Open Its Borders SoonThere are rising hopes that Malaysia may start to welcome back tourists following comments from Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob. Main picture KualaContinue reading “Could Malaysia Open Its Borders Soon”
- Vietnam Artist Celebrates The Upcoming Year Of The Tiger[REUTERS] As Vietnam prepares to celebrate the Year of the Tiger next month, local artist Nguyen Tan Phat has been busy making hundredsContinue reading “Vietnam Artist Celebrates The Upcoming Year Of The Tiger”
- Hopes Of Tourism Recovery In SingaporeIn 2019 around 19.1 million people visited Singapore, that dropped to just 330,000 in 2021, a record low, as the pandemic halted internationalContinue reading “Hopes Of Tourism Recovery In Singapore”
- Indonesia Opens Islands To Singapore VisitorsIndonesia today announced that visitors from Singapore will be allowed to travel to Batam and Bintan as part of their efforts to restartContinue reading “Indonesia Opens Islands To Singapore Visitors”
- Bali Releases Endangered Indonesian Turtles Into The Sea[REUTERS] A batch of 40 turtle hatchlings waddled towards the sea in Indonesia on Thursday as part of a release on a beachContinue reading “Bali Releases Endangered Indonesian Turtles Into The Sea”
- Singapore VTL Daily Test ChangeConcerned about rising global cases of the Omicron variant of Covid-19, Singapore imposed mandatory daily antigen rapid testing (ART) for all visitors underContinue reading “Singapore VTL Daily Test Change”