My favourite pictures #1
I think like most people at the moment I have been spending more time reflecting and looking back at past trips.
So here is the first in a series of pictures that have some sort of significance to me, they might not always be the best pictures but they all mean something to me.
On our first evening in Chiang Mai we ventured from our hotel, grabbed something to eat and then went to explore the nearest market. All the usual Thai market items were there as we wandered around not really shopping just having a general look around.
Then we saw it. Ice cream, but not as we knew it.
Hundreds of combinations of ingredients, combined on a cold plate to create ice cream as we watched, then rolled and served in a cup. I love ice cream, but ice cream and a bit of a show? I was in.
We ordered and wow!
They added the fresh ingredients to the cold plate and rapidly finely chopped the pieces that started to solidify and form the ice cream. It was then finely spread over the cold plate and once ready scraped into the distinctive rolls.
I have no idea if it was the heat still hanging in the air, the show or just the taste but it tasted incredible.
Suffice to say we returned every night for another fix.
Thai rolled ice cream has become increasingly popular and I have seen it in more and more places, but none have tasted quite as good as my first time.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 9th MayAngkor Wat, Cambodia We continue our series looking at the most interesting, entertaining and beautiful pictures and videos from throughout Southeast Asia. LastContinue reading “Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 9th May”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – EDragon Bridge, Da Nang, Vietnam credit Bikepacking Adventure Company on flickr Asian Elephants are found through much of Southeast Asia including Cambodia, Indonesia,Continue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – E”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – DDragon Bridge, Da Nang, Vietnam credit Bikepacking Adventure Company on flickr Da Nang The central Vietnamese city of Da Nang has been aContinue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – D”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – CToday we continue our A to Z rundown of Southeast Asia highlights. We have reached C, which is for Chiang Mai. Chiang MaiContinue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – C”
- Thailand Sandbox At Risk Due To CovidThe start of the Phuket Sandbox, quarantine free travel for vaccinated travellers, is under threat due to the ongoing Covid outbreak throughout Thailand.Continue reading “Thailand Sandbox At Risk Due To Covid”
- Endangered Primate Released Into Wild In VietnamForest rangers transport a red shanked douc langur to Bach Ma National Park in Vietnam. Credit VN Express / Cong Bang A criticallyContinue reading “Endangered Primate Released Into Wild In Vietnam”