My favourite pictures #1
I think like most people at the moment I have been spending more time reflecting and looking back at past trips.
So here is the first in a series of pictures that have some sort of significance to me, they might not always be the best pictures but they all mean something to me.
On our first evening in Chiang Mai we ventured from our hotel, grabbed something to eat and then went to explore the nearest market. All the usual Thai market items were there as we wandered around not really shopping just having a general look around.
Then we saw it. Ice cream, but not as we knew it.
Hundreds of combinations of ingredients, combined on a cold plate to create ice cream as we watched, then rolled and served in a cup. I love ice cream, but ice cream and a bit of a show? I was in.
We ordered and wow!
They added the fresh ingredients to the cold plate and rapidly finely chopped the pieces that started to solidify and form the ice cream. It was then finely spread over the cold plate and once ready scraped into the distinctive rolls.
I have no idea if it was the heat still hanging in the air, the show or just the taste but it tasted incredible.
Suffice to say we returned every night for another fix.
Thai rolled ice cream has become increasingly popular and I have seen it in more and more places, but none have tasted quite as good as my first time.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Earthquake Hits BaliJust hours after Bali reopened its borders to foreign tourists a 5.1 magnitude earthquake hit the island, killling at least 3 people andContinue reading “Earthquake Hits Bali”
- It’s Time For BaliOn 14th October Bali officially reopened its doors to fully vaccinated foreign tourists from 19 countries. Main picture Bali beach at night creditContinue reading “It’s Time For Bali”
- Myanmar Looking to Welcome Back TouristsMost countries in Southeast Asia have been making plans to reopen to foreign tourists. Main picture Sule Pagoda, Yangon, Myanmar credit Jason EppinkContinue reading “Myanmar Looking to Welcome Back Tourists”
- Latest Thailand Domestic Flights DetailsThe Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) have issued updated information on available air travel within Thailand. Main picture Thai Airways and Nok AirContinue reading “Latest Thailand Domestic Flights Details”
- Quarantine Free Travel To Malaysia Being ConsideredReports suggest that the Malaysian government is looking at reopening the borders to fully vaccinated foreign travellers, from selected countries, without the needContinue reading “Quarantine Free Travel To Malaysia Being Considered”
- Thailand Plans Celebration To Welcome Back TouristsThailand is planning on two lavish celebrations in Bangkok and Phuket as travel restrictions are eased and more areas reopen to foreign tourists.Continue reading “Thailand Plans Celebration To Welcome Back Tourists”