My favourite pictures #2
In the second of a series of pictures that have some sort of significance to me, we look at the humble beach bar.
In our first installment in the series was focused on Thai Rolled Ice Cream.
To be honest this could have been about any number of beach bars in Thailand.
However this picture was taken early in 2020, just before the pandemic closed down travel worldwide, so has extra significance to me.
A casual 10 minute walk from our hotel were two beaches. Turn left and we headed to Ao Nang Beach, turn left was Noppharat Beach.
The big advantages to Noppharat were that it was quieter and there were a few beach bars. The last of the beach bars at the start of the beach is the one pictured. If it has a name I don’t know it. It was just a little shack that served a range of drinks and cocktails with a few tables and chairs on the walkway above the beach.
The drinks were cheap and served with a smile.
The setting was wonderful, trees to sit under to get some much needed shade and excellent views of the daily show that was the sunset. It was also a great location for a bit of people watching from the joggers running up and down the beach, to the families enjoying the sea to the people desperately trying to get that perfect Instagram selfie.
We also witnessed their resilience as one evening all of the power went off in the area. They were obviously well prepared as the torches were soon out and they continued to serve the majority of drinks without any hesitation as the bigger bars all struggled to cope.
I can’t think of a better place to just sit with my wife, enjoying the last of the day with a cold beer and a beautiful sunset.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 9th MayAngkor Wat, Cambodia We continue our series looking at the most interesting, entertaining and beautiful pictures and videos from throughout Southeast Asia. LastContinue reading “Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 9th May”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – EDragon Bridge, Da Nang, Vietnam credit Bikepacking Adventure Company on flickr Asian Elephants are found through much of Southeast Asia including Cambodia, Indonesia,Continue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – E”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – DDragon Bridge, Da Nang, Vietnam credit Bikepacking Adventure Company on flickr Da Nang The central Vietnamese city of Da Nang has been aContinue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – D”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – CToday we continue our A to Z rundown of Southeast Asia highlights. We have reached C, which is for Chiang Mai. Chiang MaiContinue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – C”
- Thailand Sandbox At Risk Due To CovidThe start of the Phuket Sandbox, quarantine free travel for vaccinated travellers, is under threat due to the ongoing Covid outbreak throughout Thailand.Continue reading “Thailand Sandbox At Risk Due To Covid”
- Endangered Primate Released Into Wild In VietnamForest rangers transport a red shanked douc langur to Bach Ma National Park in Vietnam. Credit VN Express / Cong Bang A criticallyContinue reading “Endangered Primate Released Into Wild In Vietnam”