My favourite pictures #2
In the second of a series of pictures that have some sort of significance to me, we look at the humble beach bar.
In our first installment in the series was focused on Thai Rolled Ice Cream.
To be honest this could have been about any number of beach bars in Thailand.
However this picture was taken early in 2020, just before the pandemic closed down travel worldwide, so has extra significance to me.
A casual 10 minute walk from our hotel were two beaches. Turn left and we headed to Ao Nang Beach, turn left was Noppharat Beach.
The big advantages to Noppharat were that it was quieter and there were a few beach bars. The last of the beach bars at the start of the beach is the one pictured. If it has a name I don’t know it. It was just a little shack that served a range of drinks and cocktails with a few tables and chairs on the walkway above the beach.
The drinks were cheap and served with a smile.
The setting was wonderful, trees to sit under to get some much needed shade and excellent views of the daily show that was the sunset. It was also a great location for a bit of people watching from the joggers running up and down the beach, to the families enjoying the sea to the people desperately trying to get that perfect Instagram selfie.
We also witnessed their resilience as one evening all of the power went off in the area. They were obviously well prepared as the torches were soon out and they continued to serve the majority of drinks without any hesitation as the bigger bars all struggled to cope.
I can’t think of a better place to just sit with my wife, enjoying the last of the day with a cold beer and a beautiful sunset.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Covid Passport to Help Reopen BordersThe International Air Transport Association (IATA) have announced that they are in the final stages of development of the IATA Travel Pass designedContinue reading “Covid Passport to Help Reopen Borders”
- Flyingdog Travel, Travel Mood Survey ResultsLast week we ran an online survey on the website and on our twitter account at @flyingdogtravel Here are the results. Has theContinue reading “Flyingdog Travel, Travel Mood Survey Results”
- Phone App To Track Tourists to ThailandThai PBS World are reporting that the Thai Government will introduce a new app called “Thailand Plus” will be a requirement for touristsContinue reading “Phone App To Track Tourists to Thailand”
- Major New International Airport Planned For VietnamThe first phase of a new international airport close to Ho Chi Minh City has been approved by the Vietnamese Government and workContinue reading “Major New International Airport Planned For Vietnam”
- Bali Plans For Medical Tourism BoostSoutheast Asia is already a destination for many people looking for medical procedures including Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia and Bali may be nextContinue reading “Bali Plans For Medical Tourism Boost”
- 100 Up And Still Going StrongWe published our 50 Not Out post one post early as we wanted it published at a certain time. This time, to celebrateContinue reading “100 Up And Still Going Strong”