My favourite pictures #2
In the second of a series of pictures that have some sort of significance to me, we look at the humble beach bar.
In our first installment in the series was focused on Thai Rolled Ice Cream.
To be honest this could have been about any number of beach bars in Thailand.
However this picture was taken early in 2020, just before the pandemic closed down travel worldwide, so has extra significance to me.
A casual 10 minute walk from our hotel were two beaches. Turn left and we headed to Ao Nang Beach, turn left was Noppharat Beach.
The big advantages to Noppharat were that it was quieter and there were a few beach bars. The last of the beach bars at the start of the beach is the one pictured. If it has a name I don’t know it. It was just a little shack that served a range of drinks and cocktails with a few tables and chairs on the walkway above the beach.
The drinks were cheap and served with a smile.
The setting was wonderful, trees to sit under to get some much needed shade and excellent views of the daily show that was the sunset. It was also a great location for a bit of people watching from the joggers running up and down the beach, to the families enjoying the sea to the people desperately trying to get that perfect Instagram selfie.
We also witnessed their resilience as one evening all of the power went off in the area. They were obviously well prepared as the torches were soon out and they continued to serve the majority of drinks without any hesitation as the bigger bars all struggled to cope.
I can’t think of a better place to just sit with my wife, enjoying the last of the day with a cold beer and a beautiful sunset.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Southeast Asia Destinations Top Worlds’ Most Popular Destination ListBali beach. Picture credit Timo Wagner on Unsplash. Bali has been voted the most Popular Destination in the World in Tripadvisor 2021 Travellers’Continue reading “Southeast Asia Destinations Top Worlds’ Most Popular Destination List”
- Southeast Asia Beaches In Tripadvisor Best of the Best List 2021Ngapali Beach, Myanmar. Picture credit Dumphasizer on flickr. Beaches in Myanmar, Vietnam, Thailand Malaysia, Philippines and Indonesia have all made it into theContinue reading “Southeast Asia Beaches In Tripadvisor Best of the Best List 2021”
- Vietnam National Park In Tripadvisor Best of the Best List 2021Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park. Picture credit Andrew Oliver on flickr. Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park has been voted number 15 in theContinue reading “Vietnam National Park In Tripadvisor Best of the Best List 2021”
- Can Thai Airways SurviveThai Airways plane. Photo credit tjdarmstadt on flickr. The day of reckoning is coming for Thai Airways. The 2nd March is the latest,Continue reading “Can Thai Airways Survive”
- $800 Million Malaysia Theme Park Opening in 2021Photo credits Genting SkyWorlds Attractions including Ice Age, Night at the Museum and Planet of the Apes will all feature at Genting SkyWorldsContinue reading “$800 Million Malaysia Theme Park Opening in 2021”
- Philippines Covid-19 Testing For TravellersThe Philippines Department of Tourism have today said that it would leave the decision on whether to require traveller Covid-19 tests to localContinue reading “Philippines Covid-19 Testing For Travellers”