My favourite pictures #3
If you asked me for my favourite place on earth I would probably say, without hesitation, Angkor Wat. Once I thought about it I would probably get all confused and second guess myself as I thought about those other incredible places that I have visited. But my initial instinct would probably be here.
There are plenty of other pictures I could have selected but this was one of my first sights of Angkor Wat and so sticks in the mind.
Our guide, Rah, avoided the crowds and took us to a quieter part of the park. Our driver parked the mini-van and we started to follow Rah. Suddenly through the trees we got our first sight of the incredible, breathtaking Angkor Wat.
It seemed that every new turning, every new site that we visited, was another breathtaking discovery with more history that my poor memory could ever hope to take in.
They say that pictures can tell a thousand words, but with Angkor Wat it is the feeling and memories that I have that are far more significant that any picture could hope to tell.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Covid Passport to Help Reopen BordersThe International Air Transport Association (IATA) have announced that they are in the final stages of development of the IATA Travel Pass designedContinue reading “Covid Passport to Help Reopen Borders”
- Flyingdog Travel, Travel Mood Survey ResultsLast week we ran an online survey on the website and on our twitter account at @flyingdogtravel Here are the results. Has theContinue reading “Flyingdog Travel, Travel Mood Survey Results”
- Phone App To Track Tourists to ThailandThai PBS World are reporting that the Thai Government will introduce a new app called “Thailand Plus” will be a requirement for touristsContinue reading “Phone App To Track Tourists to Thailand”
- Major New International Airport Planned For VietnamThe first phase of a new international airport close to Ho Chi Minh City has been approved by the Vietnamese Government and workContinue reading “Major New International Airport Planned For Vietnam”
- Bali Plans For Medical Tourism BoostSoutheast Asia is already a destination for many people looking for medical procedures including Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia and Bali may be nextContinue reading “Bali Plans For Medical Tourism Boost”
- 100 Up And Still Going StrongWe published our 50 Not Out post one post early as we wanted it published at a certain time. This time, to celebrateContinue reading “100 Up And Still Going Strong”