My favourite pictures #3
If you asked me for my favourite place on earth I would probably say, without hesitation, Angkor Wat. Once I thought about it I would probably get all confused and second guess myself as I thought about those other incredible places that I have visited. But my initial instinct would probably be here.
There are plenty of other pictures I could have selected but this was one of my first sights of Angkor Wat and so sticks in the mind.
Our guide, Rah, avoided the crowds and took us to a quieter part of the park. Our driver parked the mini-van and we started to follow Rah. Suddenly through the trees we got our first sight of the incredible, breathtaking Angkor Wat.
It seemed that every new turning, every new site that we visited, was another breathtaking discovery with more history that my poor memory could ever hope to take in.
They say that pictures can tell a thousand words, but with Angkor Wat it is the feeling and memories that I have that are far more significant that any picture could hope to tell.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Southeast Asia Destinations Top Worlds’ Most Popular Destination ListBali beach. Picture credit Timo Wagner on Unsplash. Bali has been voted the most Popular Destination in the World in Tripadvisor 2021 Travellers’Continue reading “Southeast Asia Destinations Top Worlds’ Most Popular Destination List”
- Southeast Asia Beaches In Tripadvisor Best of the Best List 2021Ngapali Beach, Myanmar. Picture credit Dumphasizer on flickr. Beaches in Myanmar, Vietnam, Thailand Malaysia, Philippines and Indonesia have all made it into theContinue reading “Southeast Asia Beaches In Tripadvisor Best of the Best List 2021”
- Vietnam National Park In Tripadvisor Best of the Best List 2021Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park. Picture credit Andrew Oliver on flickr. Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park has been voted number 15 in theContinue reading “Vietnam National Park In Tripadvisor Best of the Best List 2021”
- Can Thai Airways SurviveThai Airways plane. Photo credit tjdarmstadt on flickr. The day of reckoning is coming for Thai Airways. The 2nd March is the latest,Continue reading “Can Thai Airways Survive”
- $800 Million Malaysia Theme Park Opening in 2021Photo credits Genting SkyWorlds Attractions including Ice Age, Night at the Museum and Planet of the Apes will all feature at Genting SkyWorldsContinue reading “$800 Million Malaysia Theme Park Opening in 2021”
- Philippines Covid-19 Testing For TravellersThe Philippines Department of Tourism have today said that it would leave the decision on whether to require traveller Covid-19 tests to localContinue reading “Philippines Covid-19 Testing For Travellers”