My favourite pictures #3
If you asked me for my favourite place on earth I would probably say, without hesitation, Angkor Wat. Once I thought about it I would probably get all confused and second guess myself as I thought about those other incredible places that I have visited. But my initial instinct would probably be here.
There are plenty of other pictures I could have selected but this was one of my first sights of Angkor Wat and so sticks in the mind.
Our guide, Rah, avoided the crowds and took us to a quieter part of the park. Our driver parked the mini-van and we started to follow Rah. Suddenly through the trees we got our first sight of the incredible, breathtaking Angkor Wat.
It seemed that every new turning, every new site that we visited, was another breathtaking discovery with more history that my poor memory could ever hope to take in.
They say that pictures can tell a thousand words, but with Angkor Wat it is the feeling and memories that I have that are far more significant that any picture could hope to tell.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 9th MayAngkor Wat, Cambodia We continue our series looking at the most interesting, entertaining and beautiful pictures and videos from throughout Southeast Asia. LastContinue reading “Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 9th May”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – EDragon Bridge, Da Nang, Vietnam credit Bikepacking Adventure Company on flickr Asian Elephants are found through much of Southeast Asia including Cambodia, Indonesia,Continue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – E”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – DDragon Bridge, Da Nang, Vietnam credit Bikepacking Adventure Company on flickr Da Nang The central Vietnamese city of Da Nang has been aContinue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – D”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – CToday we continue our A to Z rundown of Southeast Asia highlights. We have reached C, which is for Chiang Mai. Chiang MaiContinue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – C”
- Thailand Sandbox At Risk Due To CovidThe start of the Phuket Sandbox, quarantine free travel for vaccinated travellers, is under threat due to the ongoing Covid outbreak throughout Thailand.Continue reading “Thailand Sandbox At Risk Due To Covid”
- Endangered Primate Released Into Wild In VietnamForest rangers transport a red shanked douc langur to Bach Ma National Park in Vietnam. Credit VN Express / Cong Bang A criticallyContinue reading “Endangered Primate Released Into Wild In Vietnam”