My favourite pictures #3
If you asked me for my favourite place on earth I would probably say, without hesitation, Angkor Wat. Once I thought about it I would probably get all confused and second guess myself as I thought about those other incredible places that I have visited. But my initial instinct would probably be here.
There are plenty of other pictures I could have selected but this was one of my first sights of Angkor Wat and so sticks in the mind.
Our guide, Rah, avoided the crowds and took us to a quieter part of the park. Our driver parked the mini-van and we started to follow Rah. Suddenly through the trees we got our first sight of the incredible, breathtaking Angkor Wat.
It seemed that every new turning, every new site that we visited, was another breathtaking discovery with more history that my poor memory could ever hope to take in.
They say that pictures can tell a thousand words, but with Angkor Wat it is the feeling and memories that I have that are far more significant that any picture could hope to tell.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Southeast Asia COVID Facts and FiguresWe have been monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic in Southeast Asia and have published a number of articles on the response in the regionContinue reading “Southeast Asia COVID Facts and Figures”
- View From My SeatMy favourite pictures #5 Less of a story to this one than some of my other pictures but still significant to me. RelaxingContinue reading “View From My Seat”
- Dusky Leaf MonkeyMy favourite pictures #4 During our first visit to Ao Nang I thought it would be a good idea to head down toContinue reading “Dusky Leaf Monkey”
- Vietnam Preparing to Open to TouristsSorry for the slightly misleading headline but this is the most promising news from Vietnam for foreign tourists for a long time. TheContinue reading “Vietnam Preparing to Open to Tourists”
- Malindo Air: Cuts and ScamsMalindo Air (Malindo Airways Sdn Bhd) is a “hybrid” airline based in Selangor in Malaysia. The airline was reported to have 14 BoeingContinue reading “Malindo Air: Cuts and Scams”
- Thailand Protests and the Return of TouristsAnti-government protests have continued in Bangkok but have not prevented the first tourists from entering the country. The Return of Tourists Tuesday 20thContinue reading “Thailand Protests and the Return of Tourists”