Sorry for the slightly misleading headline but this is the most promising news from Vietnam for foreign tourists for a long time.
The increasing activity to promote Vietnam and demonstrate safety for visitors seems to be the first steps in building demand when borders do re-open.
I hope this is true, I am meant to be heading to Vietnam next February and had all but given up hope that it would happen.
Why Not Vietnam?
The Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) recently released a short video promoting Vietnam as a must-see destination of Asia.
The 30-second video, titled “Why Not Vietnam” was released through CNN and included scenes from all over Vietnam describing the country as a “safe, new and exciting place to have an adventure.”
Tourist Safe Destinations App
VNAT have also recently launched a new app that is designed to make it easier for visitors to check the safety of destinations within Vietnam.
The app will include a digital map containing information about restaurants, hotels, apartments, entertainment places, transport providers, hospitals and pharmacies who have submitted their safety status.
There will also be information on the local COVID-19 situation including numbers of cases.
Users will also be allowed to submit information on the service quality and safety standards of places that they visit in the app.
The app is available in English and Vietnamese at http://vietnamtourism.gov.vn/live and includes promotions and discounts.
The central city of Da Nang recently held an online seminar aimed principally at the Singapore tourist market.
Working with the Vietnamese Trade Office in Singapore, Da Nang highlighted the COVID-19 control work in the city and Vietnam’s success in controlling the outbreak.
The seminar included details of the city’s policies on the sustainable development of tourism following the pandemic and highlighted local businesses strengths and adaptability to recover.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Family Themed Waterpark And Resort To Open In Mui Ne VietnamCentara Mirage Resort Mui Ne, Vietnam. All pictures Centara Hotels and Resorts Thailand hotel operator, Centara Hotels & Resorts will open their second CentaraContinue reading “Family Themed Waterpark And Resort To Open In Mui Ne Vietnam”
- Bali Medical TourismSanur, Bali, Indonesia. Credit mutekk on Unsplash The Indonesian government hace announced plans to develop the Sanur region on Bali as a Special EconomicContinue reading “Bali Medical Tourism”
- Bangkok Sustainable Tourism DevelopmentBang Kachao, Bangkok, Thailand. Credit James Antrobus on flickr Bangkok has been working hard on increasing green spaces and sustainable tourism. A few weeksContinue reading “Bangkok Sustainable Tourism Development”
- Thailand Look To Relax Quarantine Amid Push For Vaccine PassportThe Thai tourism minister has confirmed today that he will propose a plan to enable foreign tourists to quarantine in tourist areas in aContinue reading “Thailand Look To Relax Quarantine Amid Push For Vaccine Passport”
- Green Schemes For A Sustainable SingaporeHawker Centre Singapore. Credit Holiday Point on flickr Singapore has announced a number of new schemes designed to improve the sustainability of Singapore inContinue reading “Green Schemes For A Sustainable Singapore”
- Top 10 Scuba Diving Locations in ThailandWhale Shark. Credit TANAKA Juuyoh on flickr. Thailand is a stunning location for scuba diving with a number of world class dive sites suitableContinue reading “Top 10 Scuba Diving Locations in Thailand”