Sorry for the slightly misleading headline but this is the most promising news from Vietnam for foreign tourists for a long time.
The increasing activity to promote Vietnam and demonstrate safety for visitors seems to be the first steps in building demand when borders do re-open.
I hope this is true, I am meant to be heading to Vietnam next February and had all but given up hope that it would happen.
Why Not Vietnam?
The Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) recently released a short video promoting Vietnam as a must-see destination of Asia.
The 30-second video, titled “Why Not Vietnam” was released through CNN and included scenes from all over Vietnam describing the country as a “safe, new and exciting place to have an adventure.”
Tourist Safe Destinations App
VNAT have also recently launched a new app that is designed to make it easier for visitors to check the safety of destinations within Vietnam.
The app will include a digital map containing information about restaurants, hotels, apartments, entertainment places, transport providers, hospitals and pharmacies who have submitted their safety status.
There will also be information on the local COVID-19 situation including numbers of cases.
Users will also be allowed to submit information on the service quality and safety standards of places that they visit in the app.
The app is available in English and Vietnamese at http://vietnamtourism.gov.vn/live and includes promotions and discounts.
The central city of Da Nang recently held an online seminar aimed principally at the Singapore tourist market.
Working with the Vietnamese Trade Office in Singapore, Da Nang highlighted the COVID-19 control work in the city and Vietnam’s success in controlling the outbreak.
The seminar included details of the city’s policies on the sustainable development of tourism following the pandemic and highlighted local businesses strengths and adaptability to recover.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- The Future Of Travel – Your Flying Experience Will Be Very Different Following The PandemicIn this second part of our series looking at the Future of Travel we will be looking at your flying experience. Main picture quietContinue reading “The Future Of Travel – Your Flying Experience Will Be Very Different Following The Pandemic”
- Friday Key Date In Phuket ReopeningIt seems like there is a new announcement regarding the “Phuket Sandbox” quarantine-free reopening every other day, and today there is the latest. MainContinue reading “Friday Key Date In Phuket Reopening”
- Thailand Looks To Sustainable TravelAs Thailand prepares to reopen its borders for quarantine free travel for international visitors, the country is also looking forward to a more environmentally-friendlyContinue reading “Thailand Looks To Sustainable Travel”
- The Future Of Travel – Why Your Future Travel Will Be Very Different After CoronavirusIn this series of articles we will be looking at how travel is likely to change in the future due to the pandemic, changingContinue reading “The Future Of Travel – Why Your Future Travel Will Be Very Different After Coronavirus”
- Blow To Pattaya Tourism PlansThe Bangkok Post is reporting that the Thai Public Health Ministry is unhappy with plans made by Pattaya to allow the town to reopenContinue reading “Blow To Pattaya Tourism Plans”
- Air Asia Grounds Most Of FleetMalaysia based low-cost airline AirAsia has been forced to ground almost 90% of its fleet due to the continuing Covid-19 outbreaks throughout the regionContinue reading “Air Asia Grounds Most Of Fleet”