Sorry for the slightly misleading headline but this is the most promising news from Vietnam for foreign tourists for a long time.
The increasing activity to promote Vietnam and demonstrate safety for visitors seems to be the first steps in building demand when borders do re-open.
I hope this is true, I am meant to be heading to Vietnam next February and had all but given up hope that it would happen.
Why Not Vietnam?
The Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) recently released a short video promoting Vietnam as a must-see destination of Asia.
The 30-second video, titled “Why Not Vietnam” was released through CNN and included scenes from all over Vietnam describing the country as a “safe, new and exciting place to have an adventure.”
Tourist Safe Destinations App
VNAT have also recently launched a new app that is designed to make it easier for visitors to check the safety of destinations within Vietnam.
The app will include a digital map containing information about restaurants, hotels, apartments, entertainment places, transport providers, hospitals and pharmacies who have submitted their safety status.
There will also be information on the local COVID-19 situation including numbers of cases.
Users will also be allowed to submit information on the service quality and safety standards of places that they visit in the app.
The app is available in English and Vietnamese at http://vietnamtourism.gov.vn/live and includes promotions and discounts.
The central city of Da Nang recently held an online seminar aimed principally at the Singapore tourist market.
Working with the Vietnamese Trade Office in Singapore, Da Nang highlighted the COVID-19 control work in the city and Vietnam’s success in controlling the outbreak.
The seminar included details of the city’s policies on the sustainable development of tourism following the pandemic and highlighted local businesses strengths and adaptability to recover.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- USA Lowers Travel Advisory Level to ThailandThe USA Department of State have revised their travel advisory for Thailand, moving it into Level 1 – Exercise Normal Precautions. Despite being theContinue reading “USA Lowers Travel Advisory Level to Thailand”
- Thailand Travel Agents Demand End to QuarantineThe Nation Thailand are reporting that the Association of Thai Travel Agents (ATTA) are demanding the end to quarantine requirements for travellers from low riskContinue reading “Thailand Travel Agents Demand End to Quarantine”
- Thailand Welcomed Just 1,200 Foreign Visitors in OctoberIn October 2019 more than 3 million foreign visitors entered Thailand. In October 2020 that figure was just 1,201. That is according to figuresContinue reading “Thailand Welcomed Just 1,200 Foreign Visitors in October”
- Illegal Entrants In Vietnam Cause Covid Concern As Airlines StruggleIllegal entrants into Vietnam are increasing the risk of community transmission of Covid-19. Vietnam have been a consistent success story in the fight againstContinue reading “Illegal Entrants In Vietnam Cause Covid Concern As Airlines Struggle”
- Thailand Extends Emergency Decree As Prospects For 2021 FadeOn 26th November the Royal Thai Government approved an extension of the nationwide Emergency Decree until 15 January, 2021. The extension, the eighth sinceContinue reading “Thailand Extends Emergency Decree As Prospects For 2021 Fade”
- COVID in Southeast Asia the Facts and FiguresThe COVID-19 pandemic has been less severe in many parts of Southeast Asia than was initially feared. Thailand and Vietnam were both seen asContinue reading “COVID in Southeast Asia the Facts and Figures”