Sorry for the slightly misleading headline but this is the most promising news from Vietnam for foreign tourists for a long time.
The increasing activity to promote Vietnam and demonstrate safety for visitors seems to be the first steps in building demand when borders do re-open.
I hope this is true, I am meant to be heading to Vietnam next February and had all but given up hope that it would happen.
Why Not Vietnam?
The Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) recently released a short video promoting Vietnam as a must-see destination of Asia.
The 30-second video, titled “Why Not Vietnam” was released through CNN and included scenes from all over Vietnam describing the country as a “safe, new and exciting place to have an adventure.”
Tourist Safe Destinations App
VNAT have also recently launched a new app that is designed to make it easier for visitors to check the safety of destinations within Vietnam.
The app will include a digital map containing information about restaurants, hotels, apartments, entertainment places, transport providers, hospitals and pharmacies who have submitted their safety status.
There will also be information on the local COVID-19 situation including numbers of cases.
Users will also be allowed to submit information on the service quality and safety standards of places that they visit in the app.
The app is available in English and Vietnamese at http://vietnamtourism.gov.vn/live and includes promotions and discounts.
The central city of Da Nang recently held an online seminar aimed principally at the Singapore tourist market.
Working with the Vietnamese Trade Office in Singapore, Da Nang highlighted the COVID-19 control work in the city and Vietnam’s success in controlling the outbreak.
The seminar included details of the city’s policies on the sustainable development of tourism following the pandemic and highlighted local businesses strengths and adaptability to recover.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Thai Airways To Sell More PlanesStruggling Thai Airways, the national flag carrier of Thai, is reported to have put a further three aircraft and a simulator up for sale,Continue reading “Thai Airways To Sell More Planes”
- Phuket Sandbox Extension To Be ExtendedThe Phuket Sandbox 7+7 Extension was introduced to allow foreign travellers to spend 7 days in Phuket followed by a further 7 days inContinue reading “Phuket Sandbox Extension To Be Extended”
- Thailand Tourism Plans Up In The AirThe will-they, wont-they ongoing saga of the expansion of open areas for foreign tourists in Thailand continues as opposing political forces, slow vaccination ratesContinue reading “Thailand Tourism Plans Up In The Air”
- Increasing Tourism Hopes For IndonesiaIndonesia yesterday reported its lowest number of daily new Covid-19 infections since August last year and relaxed restrictions further in Bali and Java helpingContinue reading “Increasing Tourism Hopes For Indonesia”
- Singapore Hope To Extend Travel SchemeThe success of the recently launched Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) between Singapore and Germany and Brunei is likely to result in the scheme beingContinue reading “Singapore Hope To Extend Travel Scheme”
- Philippines Coral Reef Clean Up[REUTERS] Divers in the Philippines pulled plastic bags, drinks bottles and fishing nets from a coral reef on Saturday, joining an annual cleanup thatContinue reading “Philippines Coral Reef Clean Up”