My favourite pictures #6
First of all I would like to point out I am not a big drinker. I like to drink but it is an every now and then thing usually, and not too excess.
We first discovered the Chang Tower in Chiang Mai. In fact it was the same night that we discovered the Thai Rolled Ice Cream from my first post in this series.
We sat down to eat in a small restaurant near our hotel.
We looked at the menu but then the big question came, “would you like to order drinks?”
It would be rude not to so we started to order when someone said “What is a Tower?”. The waiter told us so rather than ordering three large and one small beers it seemed to be sensible to go for the tower.
The other drinks came, it takes a while for the tower to be poured, but then the exciting buzz of the tower coming to our table and the looks from the other customers.
Our food came, we ate and drank and left the restaurant very happy.
We went for a walk around the local market, discovered the Thai Rolled Ice Cream and as we were eating it stood and watched a live band in one of the bars. We were asked if we wanted a seat but the idea was that we were just watching the band while we ate our ice cream. Most of us were tired and wanted an early night.
The band were good. They were very good.
“Quick drink?” I said. A couple of people said they were going to bed but the rest of us fancied one quick drink while we watched the band.
Five of us grabbed a table. We sat down and looked at the menu. Chang Towers, excellent.
“A Chang Tower and three glasses please” the others had cocktails.
A couple of hours and a few Towers and cocktails later, we wobbled back to the hotel.
The band were so good that we returned with the other two people the following night so that they could enjoy the “Rock God” lead singer, but that is another story
I have never actually sat down and figured out if the tower is more or less expensive than individual drinks. It’s definitely more fun though.
My Other Favourite Pictures
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Family Themed Waterpark And Resort To Open In Mui Ne VietnamCentara Mirage Resort Mui Ne, Vietnam. All pictures Centara Hotels and Resorts Thailand hotel operator, Centara Hotels & Resorts will open their secondContinue reading “Family Themed Waterpark And Resort To Open In Mui Ne Vietnam”
- Bali Medical TourismSanur, Bali, Indonesia. Credit mutekk on Unsplash The Indonesian government hace announced plans to develop the Sanur region on Bali as a SpecialContinue reading “Bali Medical Tourism”
- Bangkok Sustainable Tourism DevelopmentBang Kachao, Bangkok, Thailand. Credit James Antrobus on flickr Bangkok has been working hard on increasing green spaces and sustainable tourism. A fewContinue reading “Bangkok Sustainable Tourism Development”
- Thailand Look To Relax Quarantine Amid Push For Vaccine PassportThe Thai tourism minister has confirmed today that he will propose a plan to enable foreign tourists to quarantine in tourist areas inContinue reading “Thailand Look To Relax Quarantine Amid Push For Vaccine Passport”
- Green Schemes For A Sustainable SingaporeHawker Centre Singapore. Credit Holiday Point on flickr Singapore has announced a number of new schemes designed to improve the sustainability of SingaporeContinue reading “Green Schemes For A Sustainable Singapore”
- Top 10 Scuba Diving Locations in ThailandWhale Shark. Credit TANAKA Juuyoh on flickr. Thailand is a stunning location for scuba diving with a number of world class dive sitesContinue reading “Top 10 Scuba Diving Locations in Thailand”