My favourite pictures #6
First of all I would like to point out I am not a big drinker. I like to drink but it is an every now and then thing usually, and not too excess.
We first discovered the Chang Tower in Chiang Mai. In fact it was the same night that we discovered the Thai Rolled Ice Cream from my first post in this series.
We sat down to eat in a small restaurant near our hotel.
We looked at the menu but then the big question came, “would you like to order drinks?”
It would be rude not to so we started to order when someone said “What is a Tower?”. The waiter told us so rather than ordering three large and one small beers it seemed to be sensible to go for the tower.
The other drinks came, it takes a while for the tower to be poured, but then the exciting buzz of the tower coming to our table and the looks from the other customers.
Our food came, we ate and drank and left the restaurant very happy.
We went for a walk around the local market, discovered the Thai Rolled Ice Cream and as we were eating it stood and watched a live band in one of the bars. We were asked if we wanted a seat but the idea was that we were just watching the band while we ate our ice cream. Most of us were tired and wanted an early night.
The band were good. They were very good.
“Quick drink?” I said. A couple of people said they were going to bed but the rest of us fancied one quick drink while we watched the band.
Five of us grabbed a table. We sat down and looked at the menu. Chang Towers, excellent.
“A Chang Tower and three glasses please” the others had cocktails.
A couple of hours and a few Towers and cocktails later, we wobbled back to the hotel.
The band were so good that we returned with the other two people the following night so that they could enjoy the “Rock God” lead singer, but that is another story
I have never actually sat down and figured out if the tower is more or less expensive than individual drinks. It’s definitely more fun though.
My Other Favourite Pictures
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- USA Lowers Travel Advisory Level to ThailandThe USA Department of State have revised their travel advisory for Thailand, moving it into Level 1 – Exercise Normal Precautions. Despite beingContinue reading “USA Lowers Travel Advisory Level to Thailand”
- Thailand Travel Agents Demand End to QuarantineThe Nation Thailand are reporting that the Association of Thai Travel Agents (ATTA) are demanding the end to quarantine requirements for travellers from lowContinue reading “Thailand Travel Agents Demand End to Quarantine”
- Thailand Welcomed Just 1,200 Foreign Visitors in OctoberIn October 2019 more than 3 million foreign visitors entered Thailand. In October 2020 that figure was just 1,201. That is according toContinue reading “Thailand Welcomed Just 1,200 Foreign Visitors in October”
- Illegal Entrants In Vietnam Cause Covid Concern As Airlines StruggleIllegal entrants into Vietnam are increasing the risk of community transmission of Covid-19. Vietnam have been a consistent success story in the fightContinue reading “Illegal Entrants In Vietnam Cause Covid Concern As Airlines Struggle”
- Thailand Extends Emergency Decree As Prospects For 2021 FadeOn 26th November the Royal Thai Government approved an extension of the nationwide Emergency Decree until 15 January, 2021. The extension, the eighthContinue reading “Thailand Extends Emergency Decree As Prospects For 2021 Fade”
- COVID in Southeast Asia the Facts and FiguresThe COVID-19 pandemic has been less severe in many parts of Southeast Asia than was initially feared. Thailand and Vietnam were both seenContinue reading “COVID in Southeast Asia the Facts and Figures”