My favourite pictures #6
First of all I would like to point out I am not a big drinker. I like to drink but it is an every now and then thing usually, and not too excess.
We first discovered the Chang Tower in Chiang Mai. In fact it was the same night that we discovered the Thai Rolled Ice Cream from my first post in this series.
We sat down to eat in a small restaurant near our hotel.
We looked at the menu but then the big question came, “would you like to order drinks?”
It would be rude not to so we started to order when someone said “What is a Tower?”. The waiter told us so rather than ordering three large and one small beers it seemed to be sensible to go for the tower.
The other drinks came, it takes a while for the tower to be poured, but then the exciting buzz of the tower coming to our table and the looks from the other customers.
Our food came, we ate and drank and left the restaurant very happy.
We went for a walk around the local market, discovered the Thai Rolled Ice Cream and as we were eating it stood and watched a live band in one of the bars. We were asked if we wanted a seat but the idea was that we were just watching the band while we ate our ice cream. Most of us were tired and wanted an early night.
The band were good. They were very good.
“Quick drink?” I said. A couple of people said they were going to bed but the rest of us fancied one quick drink while we watched the band.
Five of us grabbed a table. We sat down and looked at the menu. Chang Towers, excellent.
“A Chang Tower and three glasses please” the others had cocktails.
A couple of hours and a few Towers and cocktails later, we wobbled back to the hotel.
The band were so good that we returned with the other two people the following night so that they could enjoy the “Rock God” lead singer, but that is another story
I have never actually sat down and figured out if the tower is more or less expensive than individual drinks. It’s definitely more fun though.
My Other Favourite Pictures
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- The Future Of Travel – Your Flying Experience Will Be Very Different Following The PandemicIn this second part of our series looking at the Future of Travel we will be looking at your flying experience. Main pictureContinue reading “The Future Of Travel – Your Flying Experience Will Be Very Different Following The Pandemic”
- Friday Key Date In Phuket ReopeningIt seems like there is a new announcement regarding the “Phuket Sandbox” quarantine-free reopening every other day, and today there is the latest.Continue reading “Friday Key Date In Phuket Reopening”
- Thailand Looks To Sustainable TravelAs Thailand prepares to reopen its borders for quarantine free travel for international visitors, the country is also looking forward to a moreContinue reading “Thailand Looks To Sustainable Travel”
- The Future Of Travel – Why Your Future Travel Will Be Very Different After CoronavirusIn this series of articles we will be looking at how travel is likely to change in the future due to the pandemic,Continue reading “The Future Of Travel – Why Your Future Travel Will Be Very Different After Coronavirus”
- Blow To Pattaya Tourism PlansThe Bangkok Post is reporting that the Thai Public Health Ministry is unhappy with plans made by Pattaya to allow the town toContinue reading “Blow To Pattaya Tourism Plans”
- Air Asia Grounds Most Of FleetMalaysia based low-cost airline AirAsia has been forced to ground almost 90% of its fleet due to the continuing Covid-19 outbreaks throughout theContinue reading “Air Asia Grounds Most Of Fleet”