My favourite pictures #9
I have always loved water.
My fearless antics around swimming pools as a 2 year old scared my non-swimming mother on many occasions. I did so many sponsored swims that by 8 years old relatives had said enough was enough, especially those who sponsored by distance.
I have been a swimming teacher, a lifeguard and a water-sports instructor.
Of course as someone who has always loved the water I have also always loved boats. I don’t mean big cruise liners, I mean sailing dingy’s and yachts, ribs and speed boats.
I have sailed and driven boats on lakes, rivers, seas and even oceans.
I once did a yacht delivery from Tenerife in the Canary Islands to Gibraltar.
I have hired small boats in the Greek Islands to go and explore the islands and “secret” beaches and coves.
I have been a passenger on many boats as well, enjoying the tourist sights or just travelling between locations.
I have seen beautiful seas, rough and angry seas, cold deep lakes and raging rivers. I have gazed down on stunning tarns from steep English Lake District mountains. I have stared through a face mask through murky water at the bottom of a flooded English quarry.
I don’t think I have seen more beautiful water than the Andaman Sea however.
The sounds of Long Tail boats plying their trade up and down the coast or just of gentle waves lapping against the beach.
The incredible islands and Karst cliff faces, soaring out from the water.
I love the Andaman Sea.
The Andaman Sea used to be known as the Burma Sea and primarily borders on Thailand and Myanmar plus parts of Indonesia and India (Andaman and Nicobar Islands).
My Other Favourite Pictures
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Thailand Extends Emergency Decree As Prospects For 2021 FadeOn 26th November the Royal Thai Government approved an extension of the nationwide Emergency Decree until 15 January, 2021.Continue reading “Thailand Extends Emergency Decree As Prospects For 2021 Fade”
- COVID in Southeast Asia the Facts and FiguresThe COVID-19 pandemic has been less severe in many parts of Southeast Asia than was initially feared. Thailand andContinue reading “COVID in Southeast Asia the Facts and Figures”
- Covid Passport to Help Reopen BordersThe International Air Transport Association (IATA) have announced that they are in the final stages of development of theContinue reading “Covid Passport to Help Reopen Borders”
- Flyingdog Travel, Travel Mood Survey ResultsLast week we ran an online survey on the website and on our twitter account at @flyingdogtravel Here areContinue reading “Flyingdog Travel, Travel Mood Survey Results”
- Phone App To Track Tourists to ThailandThai PBS World are reporting that the Thai Government will introduce a new app called “Thailand Plus” will beContinue reading “Phone App To Track Tourists to Thailand”
- Major New International Airport Planned For VietnamThe first phase of a new international airport close to Ho Chi Minh City has been approved by theContinue reading “Major New International Airport Planned For Vietnam”