My favourite pictures #9
I have always loved water.
My fearless antics around swimming pools as a 2 year old scared my non-swimming mother on many occasions. I did so many sponsored swims that by 8 years old relatives had said enough was enough, especially those who sponsored by distance.
I have been a swimming teacher, a lifeguard and a water-sports instructor.
Of course as someone who has always loved the water I have also always loved boats. I don’t mean big cruise liners, I mean sailing dingy’s and yachts, ribs and speed boats.
I have sailed and driven boats on lakes, rivers, seas and even oceans.
I once did a yacht delivery from Tenerife in the Canary Islands to Gibraltar.
I have hired small boats in the Greek Islands to go and explore the islands and “secret” beaches and coves.
I have been a passenger on many boats as well, enjoying the tourist sights or just travelling between locations.
I have seen beautiful seas, rough and angry seas, cold deep lakes and raging rivers. I have gazed down on stunning tarns from steep English Lake District mountains. I have stared through a face mask through murky water at the bottom of a flooded English quarry.
I don’t think I have seen more beautiful water than the Andaman Sea however.
The sounds of Long Tail boats plying their trade up and down the coast or just of gentle waves lapping against the beach.
The incredible islands and Karst cliff faces, soaring out from the water.
I love the Andaman Sea.
The Andaman Sea used to be known as the Burma Sea and primarily borders on Thailand and Myanmar plus parts of Indonesia and India (Andaman and Nicobar Islands).
My Other Favourite Pictures
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Top 10 Scuba Diving Locations in ThailandWhale Shark. Credit TANAKA Juuyoh on flickr. Thailand is a stunning location for scuba diving with a number ofContinue reading “Top 10 Scuba Diving Locations in Thailand”
- Thai Airways To Slash Jobs and PlanesThai Airways tailfin. Credit TwentyFour Students on flickr Thai Airways have now submitted their Debt Rehabilitation Plan as theyContinue reading “Thai Airways To Slash Jobs and Planes”
- Da Nang Plans To Be Vietnam Tourism HubPicture My Khe Beach, Da Nang, Vietnam. Leaders in Da Nang have published plans for the city to becomeContinue reading “Da Nang Plans To Be Vietnam Tourism Hub”
- Bali To Vaccinate 50,000 Tourism Workers In Bid To Reopen IslandBali Beach, Bali, Indonesia. Credit Sven Scheuermeier on Unsplash More than 50,000 workers in the tourism industry have beenContinue reading “Bali To Vaccinate 50,000 Tourism Workers In Bid To Reopen Island”
- Open Thailand Safely Campaign Calls For 1st July Opening Of BordersBangkok, Thailand. Credit Dan Freeman on Unsplash More than 20 international tourism companies have launched a campaign calling forContinue reading “Open Thailand Safely Campaign Calls For 1st July Opening Of Borders”
- Calls For Malaysia To Open To Vaccinated TouristsLangkawi, Malaysia. Credit Jalan Pantai Tengah on Unsplash Tourism and hotel groups have reacted with dismay after Malaysia healthContinue reading “Calls For Malaysia To Open To Vaccinated Tourists”