This guest post from Jerry of Jerry’s Dive Centre in the Maldives covers not just safe Scuba Diving during Covid-19 but also the excellent Scuba opportunities in Rasdhoo in the Maldives.
With the COVID situations under control in some countries, people are already planning to travel to far-flung waters in 2021 and 2022. All thanks to the pent-up travel. No doubt, COVID complicates long-distance trips. While divers are planning to adapt to these different trips, travel experts are looking at preparing for the new age of travel.
PADI scuba diving centers like Jerry’s Dive Club are taking the following measures during diving in COVID.
Ensure you know your personal health by consulting a doctor; it’s also good practice to check insurance coverage and COVID hotspots during your travel.
Jerry’s Dive Club also suggests:
- Risk Mitigation – Jerry’s dive club mitigates risk on land by disinfecting gears (snorkel, mouthpiece, etc.) regularly before and after dives.
- Temperature Checks – Jerry’s Dive Club makes sure they take your temperature and SPO ratings to check if you are up and healthy for diving.
In The Air
Here comes the most important part of your travel- Staying safe while flying.
Here are some tips:
- Carry your own food items and snacks.
- Prepare to sleep in your face masks.
- You would be expected to maintain social distancing while boarding and deboarding.
- You should expect to see healthy temperature screenings.
- Face masks will be mandatory when you travel, except while eating or drinking.
- Above all, do not travel when you feel sick.
On The Boat
When you travel to Rasdhoo or any island for scuba diving, you will mostly travel to your dive sites on a boat.
Here are a few tips by Jerry’s Dive Club:
- Maintain social distancing while traveling in the boat.
- Always keep your mask locked.
- Organize your dive gear in two bags, one for the dive deck and one smaller bag for towels, clothes, phone, hand sanitizer, instant energizing bars.
- Finally, if you think you may be sick or not well, don’t go diving. Postpone your trip.
After Your Dive Trip
When it’s time to head back to the land, let the dive staff know how your experience diving with them.
Here are a few tips by Jerry’s Dive Club:
- Be Mindful – after your dive, be mindful of where your scuba equipment is touching. Ideally, try to place it on your dive bag.
- Go Digital – go digital with your dive logs. Try to upload your dives instead of writing them on your dive logbook.
- Gear Sanitisation – sanitize your gears right after your dive to effectively mitigate COVID transfer risk from your scuba diving gear.
Are you planning to travel to The Maldives?
Check out the best diving center in Rasdhoo, Maldives.
Scuba Diving in Rasdhoo
Rasdhoo island is a treat to your eyes. Being a perfect holiday vacation, it is also known for its 19 diving sites and a ton of adventure water sports.
Rasdhoo Atoll is called the heart of the Maldives and a paradise for scuba divers.
What can you do in Rasdhoo?
Rasdhoo is known for its breathtakingly beautiful beaches, food, nightlife, fishing, and much more!
Scuba Diving is an adventure sport you don’t want to miss.
Many trained scuba divers come specifically to Rasdhoo to see the magic that lies underneath the Rasdhoo waters.
To go scuba diving, you need to associate yourself with a scuba diving center on the island. Though there are a few scuba diving centers
one of the oldest and most famous scuba diving centers in Rasdhoo Atoll is Jerry’s Dive Club.
Rasdhoo Diving specialties:
- The only diving facility on the island offering PADI-certified training.
- Dedicated classroom, office, workshop, change room, ablution facilities, wet area.
- Complete scuba equipment set-up capable of handling 40 divers simultaneously.
- Bauer Poseidon compressors capable of filling 25 tanks per hour.
- Three full-time instructors providing all PADI training courses
- Four divemasters/ dive guides
- One comfortable, sheltered diving boat (the traditional Maldivian Dhoni).
Rasdhoo Dive Overview:
Rasdhoo has 19 dive sites and 5-star dive sites, making it a bliss for scuba divers and ‘Vitamin-Sea’ lovers.
Scuba diving in Rasdhoo offers some of the best dive sites in the Maldives. The crystal clear warm water and shallow lagoons make it the best place to learn how to dive.
Diving Conditions In Maldives:
- Water Temperatures: Ranges from 80 – 86 degrees year-round.
- Visibility: Low end : 35 feet , but often exceeds 100 feet.
- Depth Range: ( 14 – 98 feet) 5 – 30 m
- Currents: Don’t want to experience strong winds? You should try to time your trips away from the full and new moons when the currents will be less intense.
Day Fishing & Night Fishing:
Generally, fishing activities will be organized by the dive center you are planning to associate with.
Fishing tours in Rasdhoo are those tours that offer a whole new experience to travelers. It is one of the most sought-after holiday destinations in the world. It consists of many pristine beaches, spacious bungalows on the water, and exotic marine life. One can directly jump into the sea from their house decks and enjoy a swim.
From snorkeling to whale watching to Seaplane rides, Maldives has something or the other in store for the travelers.
Private Underwater Photoshoot and Video Shoot
You can get your personalized once-in-a-lifetime underwater photos and videos at an affordable cost.
If you are a diver, you can flaunt your clear underwater photos on your Instagram and keep them in your log memory.
Jerry’s dive club is the leading dive center on Rasdhoo Island. The center offers Rasdhoo divers a wide range of scuba diving, Rasdhoo snorkeling, and other water sports activities.
- The only dive center offering all PADI courses.
- Instructors have more than 17 years of diving experience.
- Jerry’s dive club offers extra sessions if required so that divers are comfortable before going into the sea.
- Traditional Maldivian dhoni boat capable of holding 40 divers simultaneously.
- They have full-time instructors who are providing all PADI courses.
Jerry’s Dive Club is located on a tranquil island called Rasdhoo. Less than a minute’s walk from the Rasdhoo harbor, you will find Jerry’s Dive Club on the Bodu Magu road.
Rasdhoo is the most serene and one of the inhabited islands of Maldives. Apart from being the Alif Alif administrative division’s capital, it has 19 dive sites and five-star dive sites just right for vitamin-sea lovers.
When you visit the Maldives, you must experience one of its most popular activities, Rasdhoo snorkeling. There is an adventure waiting for everybody from beginners to expert divers with about 2500 reefs in the Maldives.
Dive Rates in Maldives 2021:
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving: $395/Person
- PADI Scuba Diver: $395/Person
- PADI Open Water Scuba Diving: $495/Person
- PADI Advanced Open Water Scuba Diving: $395/Person
- PADI Enriched Nitrox ( EANx): $190/Person
- PADI Emergency First Response: $180/Person
- PADI Rescue Diver: $500/Person
- PADI Master Diver: $200/Person
- PADI Dive Master: $750/Person
You can enjoy an authentic Maldivian holiday by staying in Palm residency, located in Rasdhoo island. Kick-back and relax on the white sandy beach right behind the hotel in the evening while you indulge in the most amazing watersports activities offered by one of the best dive centers for Rasdhoo diving – Jerry’s dive club.
Once you reach Velana International airport, you will see the Indian Ocean with soothing eye shades of water waiting for you.
Travel Medium: Speedboat
Travel Time: 1 – 1.5 hours
When you are diving with Jerry’s Dive Club, reaching the island, scuba diving, accommodation or travel is the least you need to worry about or even think about. We will have everything arranged for you.
Contact Jerry’s Dive Club
To get travel quote + Accommodation quote + Watersports quote email – email@example.com
Other COVID Recommendations
Recommendations regarding COVID-19, public health, and/or dive operations here:
This article was written by a guest writer from Jerry’s Dive Centre. External links were supplied by the writer and used in good faith.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.