Supertree Grove at night in Gardens By The Bay in Singapore, credit Hanisah Kamis on Unsplash
Gardens By The Bay
Located in the Marina Bay area of Singapore, this incredible park is famous for the Supertree structures but also features three, distinctive waterfront gardens.
Try not to miss the incredible twice-nightly light show when the tree structures and surrounding exhibits light up the sky and surroundings.
Opened in 2012 and the largest of the three gardens, Bay South is home to the Supertrees and the spectacular conservatories.
12 of the 18 Supertrees are situated in the Supertree Grove. Measuring between 25 and 50 metres tall the Supertrees have large canopies that provide shade in the day and feature a magnificent display of lights and sounds at night.
- Supertree OCBC Skyway is a 128 metre long aerial which connects the canopies of two of the supertrees. Incredible views through the Gardens of the Bay and the Marina area.
- The Supertree Observatory, located in the canopy of the tallest Supertree, provides spectacular, scenic views of the Marina Bay area.
- Garden Rhapsody is the twice nightly light and sound show that transforms the trees and Gardens into a performance space.
In 2015 Guinness World Records recognised the Flower Dome as the largest glass greenhouse in the world.
Showcasing plants from five continents in nine separate gardens in a cool, dry, spring Mediterranean climate.
The tropical highlands climate in Cloud Forest includes plant life from up to 2,000 metres above sea level and includes the incredible 35 metre tall “mountain” covered in lush vegetation with a 30 metre waterfall.
Desert-like landscapes featuring over 1,000 desert plants from around 100 different species and varieties.
Singapore’s diverse history and culture is highlighted through four themed gardens and how the diverse plants are linked to Singapore’s culture.
Home to more than 40 sculptures which are often incorporated and complementing the neighbouring plant species.
The second largest of the three gardens, Bay East is a relaxing green space with wonderful views over Bay South and the Marina Bay skyline.
Popular with Singaporeans who enjoy the wide-open spaces, for family times and outdoor exercise.
The promenade will link Bay South and Bay East.
Gardens by the Bay has earned numerous awards and accolades including:
- World Building of the Year 2012
- President’s Design Award (Singapore) 2013
- Themed Entertainment Association Outstanding Achievement Award 2014
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.