The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has launched its 2022 tourism marketing campaign called “Visit Thailand Year 2022” which will focus on helping people experience “Amazing New Chapters”.
Main picture credit Wes Hicks on Unsplash
The campaign will have a heavy focus on sustainable and responsible tourism, echoing the desires of many tourists following the pandemic.
“Leveraging the Royal Thai Government’s Bio-Circular-Green or BCG economy model and our ongoing promotion of responsible and sustainable tourism, our new marketing activities for next year will emphasise Thailand’s strengths in biological diversity and cultural richness under the “Amazing New Chapters” concept. This will reiterate the good image of the kingdom as a top tourist destination with all health and safety measures in place as the world exits the COVID-19 era.”Mr. Yuthasak Supasorn, TAT Governor
The three chapters are:
- The First Chapter – highlighting tourism products and services to help awaken travellers five senses including Thai cuisine and the picturesque natural scenery that can be discovered all throughout the kingdom.
- The One You Love – focussing on families, couples, and friends, enabling them to create wonderful memories together in Thailand. Bangkok, Phuket, and Chiang Mai in particular will be promoted as popular destinations for weddings and honeymooners, with their beautiful beaches, mountain resorts, and vibrant city appeals.
- The Earth We Care – highlighting how nature’s chance to revitalise due to the COVID-19 pandemic has increased ecotourism awareness among the world’s travellers and how their behaviour has impacted the environment. The emergence of travel segments like Wilderness tourism (Escapers) and Cult-Vacation (Conscious) will also show that travellers’ behaviour has changed towards spending more time in nature and being increasingly conscious of their impact on natural resources.
There will also be a focus on areas including gastronomy, health and wellness and workations.
The 2022 campaign will follow the current Thailand Reopening campaign focussing primarily on the return of quarantine-free travel which started for fully vaccinated travellers from 1st November. The three strands of Thailand Reopening are:
- Exemption From Quarantine (Test & GO) – fully vaccinated travellers from 63 countries can visit Thailand without the need to quarantine
- Living In The “Blue Zone” Sandbox – 17 destinations for fully vaccinated travellers arriving from countries outside of the 63 permitted countries
- Happy Quarantine – primarily aimed at visitors who are not fully vaccinated or those that are, and chose to visit destinations outside of the Blue Zone.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.