Laos has announced that visitors from a further fourteen countries will be allowed to travel under the Travel Green Zone plan. The news brings the total number of permitted countries to 31.
Main picture Laos women in traditional dress credit Molydar Souama on Unsplash
The reopening plan launched just before Christmas allows travellers to arrive by air via Wattay International Airport in Vientiane or by land across the First Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge also in Vientiane Capital.
Travellers from the following countries are now permitted to visit the country: Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Denmark, Finland, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland and Switzerland.
These are in addition to the originally announced list which included: Australia, Cambodia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, South Korea, Thailand, UK, USA and Vietnam.
All visitors must:
- Be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no less than 14 days prior to arrival.
- Have a negative RT-PCR test taken within the last 72 hours
- Have a health insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000
- Are required to download and register via the LaoKYCand the LaoStaySafe apps prior to arriving in the country, as well as uploading their relevant vaccination certification and Covid-19 test results.
- Take a Covid-19 test on arrival and remain in a 24-hour hotel quarantine while waiting for the results.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.