Located on the Northeast of Bali, Amed is perfect for those looking for a secluded, peaceful location, especially those who love snorkelling or Scuba Diving.
Not the easiest place to get to it is advised that you hire a driver to take you there rather than trying to get there yourself.
Beach – Don’t expect golden or white sand beaches here as you will find black volcanic stone beaches instead.
The seas are generally calm however and perfect for swimming and snorkelling from the beach.
Accommodation – There are a good range of homestays, guesthouses and hotels in the area.
Nightlife – Only a few bars, a few with live bands, mean that your evening experience will be more relaxed than at some resorts on the south of Bali.
Food – There are a number of restaurants available in the area offering a mix of local and western food.
Things To Do
An excellent base for scuba diving and snorkelling with many dive sites ion the local area.
Important local dive sites include the wrecks of the USS Liberty and the Japanese shipwreck in Lipah. The dive site of Jemeluk is also nearby offering some incredible marine life.
Where To Stay
5***** – The Griya Villas and Spa – this villa resort set in lush gardens has on-site swimming pool, restaurants, fitness centre and more
3*** – Baliku Dive Resort – This boutique style resort has beautiful villas within lush gardens, frequented by a rich variety of bird life and butterflies. Nestled on the hillside offering incredible views but still close to the beach.
Coral View Villas – Offering a perfect location families, couples and adventurers alike, the bungalows are set in gardens, with an expansive black sand beach and rolling hills on your door step.
2** –Blue Moon Villas – With stunning ocean views and set in beautiful gardens the excellent rooms have access to 4 swimming pools and are within easy reach of the ocean.
Guest Houses / Other – Kembali Beach Bungalows – Just 8 bungalows, set in beautiful gardens in a perfect location in Amed near to bars and restaurants and just a hop, skip and jump from the beach.
Solaluna Beach Homestay – family run priding themselves on their genuine Balinese hospitality
Photo credit Pitua Sutanto on Unsplash
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Thai Airways To Slash Jobs and PlanesThai Airways tailfin. Credit TwentyFour Students on flickr Thai Airways have now submitted their Debt Rehabilitation Plan as theyContinue reading “Thai Airways To Slash Jobs and Planes”
- Da Nang Plans To Be Vietnam Tourism HubPicture My Khe Beach, Da Nang, Vietnam. Leaders in Da Nang have published plans for the city to becomeContinue reading “Da Nang Plans To Be Vietnam Tourism Hub”
- Bali To Vaccinate 50,000 Tourism Workers In Bid To Reopen IslandBali Beach, Bali, Indonesia. Credit Sven Scheuermeier on Unsplash More than 50,000 workers in the tourism industry have beenContinue reading “Bali To Vaccinate 50,000 Tourism Workers In Bid To Reopen Island”
- Open Thailand Safely Campaign Calls For 1st July Opening Of BordersBangkok, Thailand. Credit Dan Freeman on Unsplash More than 20 international tourism companies have launched a campaign calling forContinue reading “Open Thailand Safely Campaign Calls For 1st July Opening Of Borders”
- Calls For Malaysia To Open To Vaccinated TouristsLangkawi, Malaysia. Credit Jalan Pantai Tengah on Unsplash Tourism and hotel groups have reacted with dismay after Malaysia healthContinue reading “Calls For Malaysia To Open To Vaccinated Tourists”
- Vaccine Passports To Kickstart Tourism in ThailandPhuket, Thailand. Credit Akash Rai on Unsplash Thailand is looking at utilising a vaccine passport system to help theContinue reading “Vaccine Passports To Kickstart Tourism in Thailand”
- Philippines Encourages Increased Travel With Reduced RestrictionsSiquijor, Philippines. Credit Louis Martinez on Unsplash The Philippines Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious DiseasesContinue reading “Philippines Encourages Increased Travel With Reduced Restrictions”
- February HighlightsIt has been an incredibly busy month for Flyingdog Travel and international travel to Southeast Asia finally starting toContinue reading “February Highlights”
- Southeast Asia Destinations Top Worlds’ Most Popular Destination ListBali beach. Picture credit Timo Wagner on Unsplash. Bali has been voted the most Popular Destination in the WorldContinue reading “Southeast Asia Destinations Top Worlds’ Most Popular Destination List”