Located on the Northeast of Bali, Amed is perfect for those looking for a secluded, peaceful location, especially those who love snorkelling or Scuba Diving.
Not the easiest place to get to it is advised that you hire a driver to take you there rather than trying to get there yourself.
Beach – Don’t expect golden or white sand beaches here as you will find black volcanic stone beaches instead.
The seas are generally calm however and perfect for swimming and snorkelling from the beach.
Accommodation – There are a good range of homestays, guesthouses and hotels in the area.
Nightlife – Only a few bars, a few with live bands, mean that your evening experience will be more relaxed than at some resorts on the south of Bali.
Food – There are a number of restaurants available in the area offering a mix of local and western food.
Things To Do
An excellent base for scuba diving and snorkelling with many dive sites ion the local area.
Important local dive sites include the wrecks of the USS Liberty and the Japanese shipwreck in Lipah. The dive site of Jemeluk is also nearby offering some incredible marine life.
Where To Stay
5***** – The Griya Villas and Spa – this villa resort set in lush gardens has on-site swimming pool, restaurants, fitness centre and more
3*** – Baliku Dive Resort – This boutique style resort has beautiful villas within lush gardens, frequented by a rich variety of bird life and butterflies. Nestled on the hillside offering incredible views but still close to the beach.
Coral View Villas – Offering a perfect location families, couples and adventurers alike, the bungalows are set in gardens, with an expansive black sand beach and rolling hills on your door step.
2** –Blue Moon Villas – With stunning ocean views and set in beautiful gardens the excellent rooms have access to 4 swimming pools and are within easy reach of the ocean.
Guest Houses / Other – Kembali Beach Bungalows – Just 8 bungalows, set in beautiful gardens in a perfect location in Amed near to bars and restaurants and just a hop, skip and jump from the beach.
Solaluna Beach Homestay – family run priding themselves on their genuine Balinese hospitality
Photo credit Pitua Sutanto on Unsplash
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- The Future Of Travel – Why Your Future Travel Will Be Very Different After CoronavirusIn this series of articles we will be looking at how travel is likely to change in the futureContinue reading “The Future Of Travel – Why Your Future Travel Will Be Very Different After Coronavirus”
- Blow To Pattaya Tourism PlansThe Bangkok Post is reporting that the Thai Public Health Ministry is unhappy with plans made by Pattaya toContinue reading “Blow To Pattaya Tourism Plans”
- Air Asia Grounds Most Of FleetMalaysia based low-cost airline AirAsia has been forced to ground almost 90% of its fleet due to the continuingContinue reading “Air Asia Grounds Most Of Fleet”
- Phuket Tourism UpdateThai Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha confirmed over the weekend that Phuket will be the first destination in ThailandContinue reading “Phuket Tourism Update”
- Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 13th JuneWe continue our series looking at the most interesting, entertaining and beautiful pictures and videos from throughout Southeast Asia.Continue reading “Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 13th June”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia IndexWe recently published our A to Z of Southeast Asia. We have seen beautiful pictures, incredible locations, temples, ruins,Continue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia Index”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – ZZ – Zambales Zambeles is a Philippine province found in the northern region of Luzon. Popular with domestic andContinue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – Z”
- Demand For Vietnam Travel IncreasesThe Covid-19 vaccination progress in Europe and North America is leading to more people becoming confident and willing toContinue reading “Demand For Vietnam Travel Increases”
- Singapore Travel Bubble UpdateSingapore has been working on a number of Travel Bubbles and Corridors throughout the pandemic. Recently the long-awaited bubbleContinue reading “Singapore Travel Bubble Update”