Located on the Northeast of Bali, Amed is perfect for those looking for a secluded, peaceful location, especially those who love snorkelling or Scuba Diving.
Not the easiest place to get to it is advised that you hire a driver to take you there rather than trying to get there yourself.
Beach – Don’t expect golden or white sand beaches here as you will find black volcanic stone beaches instead.
The seas are generally calm however and perfect for swimming and snorkelling from the beach.
Accommodation – There are a good range of homestays, guesthouses and hotels in the area.
Nightlife – Only a few bars, a few with live bands, mean that your evening experience will be more relaxed than at some resorts on the south of Bali.
Food – There are a number of restaurants available in the area offering a mix of local and western food.
Things To Do
An excellent base for scuba diving and snorkelling with many dive sites ion the local area.
Important local dive sites include the wrecks of the USS Liberty and the Japanese shipwreck in Lipah. The dive site of Jemeluk is also nearby offering some incredible marine life.
Where To Stay
5***** – The Griya Villas and Spa – this villa resort set in lush gardens has on-site swimming pool, restaurants, fitness centre and more
3*** – Baliku Dive Resort – This boutique style resort has beautiful villas within lush gardens, frequented by a rich variety of bird life and butterflies. Nestled on the hillside offering incredible views but still close to the beach.
Coral View Villas – Offering a perfect location families, couples and adventurers alike, the bungalows are set in gardens, with an expansive black sand beach and rolling hills on your door step.
2** –Blue Moon Villas – With stunning ocean views and set in beautiful gardens the excellent rooms have access to 4 swimming pools and are within easy reach of the ocean.
Guest Houses / Other – Kembali Beach Bungalows – Just 8 bungalows, set in beautiful gardens in a perfect location in Amed near to bars and restaurants and just a hop, skip and jump from the beach.
Solaluna Beach Homestay – family run priding themselves on their genuine Balinese hospitality
Photo credit Pitua Sutanto on Unsplash
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Singapore Signs New Grand Prix DealFormula 1 Grand Prix will continue to be staged in Singapore after it was announced that a new contractContinue reading “Singapore Signs New Grand Prix Deal”
- Southeast Asia Winners In Tripadvisor Awards 2022Tripadvisor have announced the first of its annual community-powered Travelers’ Choice Awards for 2022: the Best of the BestContinue reading “Southeast Asia Winners In Tripadvisor Awards 2022”
- Could Malaysia Open Its Borders SoonThere are rising hopes that Malaysia may start to welcome back tourists following comments from Prime Minister Ismail SabriContinue reading “Could Malaysia Open Its Borders Soon”
- Vietnam Artist Celebrates The Upcoming Year Of The Tiger[REUTERS] As Vietnam prepares to celebrate the Year of the Tiger next month, local artist Nguyen Tan Phat hasContinue reading “Vietnam Artist Celebrates The Upcoming Year Of The Tiger”
- Hopes Of Tourism Recovery In SingaporeIn 2019 around 19.1 million people visited Singapore, that dropped to just 330,000 in 2021, a record low, asContinue reading “Hopes Of Tourism Recovery In Singapore”
- Indonesia Opens Islands To Singapore VisitorsIndonesia today announced that visitors from Singapore will be allowed to travel to Batam and Bintan as part ofContinue reading “Indonesia Opens Islands To Singapore Visitors”
- Bali Releases Endangered Indonesian Turtles Into The Sea[REUTERS] A batch of 40 turtle hatchlings waddled towards the sea in Indonesia on Thursday as part of aContinue reading “Bali Releases Endangered Indonesian Turtles Into The Sea”
- Singapore VTL Daily Test ChangeConcerned about rising global cases of the Omicron variant of Covid-19, Singapore imposed mandatory daily antigen rapid testing (ART)Continue reading “Singapore VTL Daily Test Change”
- Confirmed Changes To Thailand Test and Go ProgrammeFollowing the announcement of the relaunch of the Test & GO “quarantine-free” programme from 1st February we now haveContinue reading “Confirmed Changes To Thailand Test and Go Programme”