Located on the Northeast of Bali, Amed is perfect for those looking for a secluded, peaceful location, especially those who love snorkelling or Scuba Diving.
Not the easiest place to get to it is advised that you hire a driver to take you there rather than trying to get there yourself.
Beach – Don’t expect golden or white sand beaches here as you will find black volcanic stone beaches instead.
The seas are generally calm however and perfect for swimming and snorkelling from the beach.
Accommodation – There are a good range of homestays, guesthouses and hotels in the area.
Nightlife – Only a few bars, a few with live bands, mean that your evening experience will be more relaxed than at some resorts on the south of Bali.
Food – There are a number of restaurants available in the area offering a mix of local and western food.
Things To Do
An excellent base for scuba diving and snorkelling with many dive sites ion the local area.
Important local dive sites include the wrecks of the USS Liberty and the Japanese shipwreck in Lipah. The dive site of Jemeluk is also nearby offering some incredible marine life.
Where To Stay
5***** – The Griya Villas and Spa – this villa resort set in lush gardens has on-site swimming pool, restaurants, fitness centre and more
3*** – Baliku Dive Resort – This boutique style resort has beautiful villas within lush gardens, frequented by a rich variety of bird life and butterflies. Nestled on the hillside offering incredible views but still close to the beach.
Coral View Villas – Offering a perfect location families, couples and adventurers alike, the bungalows are set in gardens, with an expansive black sand beach and rolling hills on your door step.
2** –Blue Moon Villas – With stunning ocean views and set in beautiful gardens the excellent rooms have access to 4 swimming pools and are within easy reach of the ocean.
Guest Houses / Other – Kembali Beach Bungalows – Just 8 bungalows, set in beautiful gardens in a perfect location in Amed near to bars and restaurants and just a hop, skip and jump from the beach.
Solaluna Beach Homestay – family run priding themselves on their genuine Balinese hospitality
Photo credit Pitua Sutanto on Unsplash
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Family Themed Waterpark And Resort To Open In Mui Ne VietnamCentara Mirage Resort Mui Ne, Vietnam. All pictures Centara Hotels and Resorts Thailand hotel operator, Centara Hotels & ResortsContinue reading “Family Themed Waterpark And Resort To Open In Mui Ne Vietnam”
- Bali Medical TourismSanur, Bali, Indonesia. Credit mutekk on Unsplash The Indonesian government hace announced plans to develop the Sanur region onContinue reading “Bali Medical Tourism”
- Bangkok Sustainable Tourism DevelopmentBang Kachao, Bangkok, Thailand. Credit James Antrobus on flickr Bangkok has been working hard on increasing green spaces andContinue reading “Bangkok Sustainable Tourism Development”
- Thailand Look To Relax Quarantine Amid Push For Vaccine PassportThe Thai tourism minister has confirmed today that he will propose a plan to enable foreign tourists to quarantineContinue reading “Thailand Look To Relax Quarantine Amid Push For Vaccine Passport”
- Green Schemes For A Sustainable SingaporeHawker Centre Singapore. Credit Holiday Point on flickr Singapore has announced a number of new schemes designed to improveContinue reading “Green Schemes For A Sustainable Singapore”
- Top 10 Scuba Diving Locations in ThailandWhale Shark. Credit TANAKA Juuyoh on flickr. Thailand is a stunning location for scuba diving with a number ofContinue reading “Top 10 Scuba Diving Locations in Thailand”
- Thai Airways To Slash Jobs and PlanesThai Airways tailfin. Credit TwentyFour Students on flickr Thai Airways have now submitted their Debt Rehabilitation Plan as theyContinue reading “Thai Airways To Slash Jobs and Planes”
- Da Nang Plans To Be Vietnam Tourism HubPicture My Khe Beach, Da Nang, Vietnam. Leaders in Da Nang have published plans for the city to becomeContinue reading “Da Nang Plans To Be Vietnam Tourism Hub”
- Bali To Vaccinate 50,000 Tourism Workers In Bid To Reopen IslandBali Beach, Bali, Indonesia. Credit Sven Scheuermeier on Unsplash More than 50,000 workers in the tourism industry have beenContinue reading “Bali To Vaccinate 50,000 Tourism Workers In Bid To Reopen Island”