The biggest city on Bali with some wonderful traditional architecture and historical monuments alongside some excellent shopping opportunities and restaurants
Accommodation – Most hotels are designed for local business travel rather than tourists so don’t expect destination hotels and resorts. Most people will stay in a beach resort and use local transport to visit.
Nightlife – again mostly aimed at local rather than tourists but can be an excellent place to visit for more authentic Bali city life.
Food – The place to visit for Indonesian food on the island mostly at very reasonable prices. Jalan Teuko, Renon and Umar are areas worth visiting.
Things To Do
The Bajra Sandhi Monument is a must visit in Denpasar. built in 1987 the monument is designed to record the struggles of the Balinese people and share the history of the island.
The Bali Provincial Public Museum or the Negeri Propinsi Bali provides an insight into the history, culture and traditions in Bali.
Pasar Badung Market is an excellent local daily market popular with locals and tourists alike offering a wide range of food, handicrafts, clothes and much more.
Photo credit Sasha India on flickr
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Top 8 Romantic Spots In The PhilippinesThe Philippines is the perfect place to escape from the hustle and bustle and connect with each other for aContinue reading “Top 8 Romantic Spots In The Philippines”
- Singapore Adds More Vaccinated Travel LanesTravellers from 6 more countries will be allowed to visit Singapore under the Vaccinated Travel Lanes (VTL) scheme fromContinue reading “Singapore Adds More Vaccinated Travel Lanes”
- Philippines Confirms Tourism Opening DateThe Philippines government has announced that it will reopen its borders to tourists from low-risk countries on a trialContinue reading “Philippines Confirms Tourism Opening Date”
- Breaking News – Thailand To End PCR Test On ArrivalThe Thai National Communicable Disease Committee (NCDC) has approved plans that will mean that travellers entering under the TestContinue reading “Breaking News – Thailand To End PCR Test On Arrival”
- Singapore Malaysia Land Border To Reopen[REUTERS] Singapore and Malaysia will next week launch a quarantine-free travel lane at their land border crossing, one ofContinue reading “Singapore Malaysia Land Border To Reopen”
- Myanmar To Welcome Back Foreign TouristsEarlier this month we reported on plans for Myanmar (previously known as Burma) to reopen some of its landContinue reading “Myanmar To Welcome Back Foreign Tourists”
- Philippines Tourism Reopening UpdateMore details have been announced on the reopening of the Phillipines to foreign travellers, although we are still waitingContinue reading “Philippines Tourism Reopening Update”
- Thai Province Gains UNESCO Status For Its FoodPhetchaburi Province has been accepted as Thailand’s latest member of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN) in the fieldContinue reading “Thai Province Gains UNESCO Status For Its Food”
- Thailand Attracts More Than 20,000 Foreign Visitors In OctoberThe reopening of Thailand to foreign visitors started in July with the Phuket Sandbox and slowly additoonal areas wereContinue reading “Thailand Attracts More Than 20,000 Foreign Visitors In October”