The biggest city on Bali with some wonderful traditional architecture and historical monuments alongside some excellent shopping opportunities and restaurants
Accommodation – Most hotels are designed for local business travel rather than tourists so don’t expect destination hotels and resorts. Most people will stay in a beach resort and use local transport to visit.
Nightlife – again mostly aimed at local rather than tourists but can be an excellent place to visit for more authentic Bali city life.
Food – The place to visit for Indonesian food on the island mostly at very reasonable prices. Jalan Teuko, Renon and Umar are areas worth visiting.
Things To Do
The Bajra Sandhi Monument is a must visit in Denpasar. built in 1987 the monument is designed to record the struggles of the Balinese people and share the history of the island.
The Bali Provincial Public Museum or the Negeri Propinsi Bali provides an insight into the history, culture and traditions in Bali.
Pasar Badung Market is an excellent local daily market popular with locals and tourists alike offering a wide range of food, handicrafts, clothes and much more.
Photo credit Sasha India on flickr
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 9th MayAngkor Wat, Cambodia We continue our series looking at the most interesting, entertaining and beautiful pictures and videos fromContinue reading “Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 9th May”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – EDragon Bridge, Da Nang, Vietnam credit Bikepacking Adventure Company on flickr Asian Elephants are found through much of SoutheastContinue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – E”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – DDragon Bridge, Da Nang, Vietnam credit Bikepacking Adventure Company on flickr Da Nang The central Vietnamese city of DaContinue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – D”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – CToday we continue our A to Z rundown of Southeast Asia highlights. We have reached C, which is forContinue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – C”
- Thailand Sandbox At Risk Due To CovidThe start of the Phuket Sandbox, quarantine free travel for vaccinated travellers, is under threat due to the ongoingContinue reading “Thailand Sandbox At Risk Due To Covid”
- Endangered Primate Released Into Wild In VietnamForest rangers transport a red shanked douc langur to Bach Ma National Park in Vietnam. Credit VN Express /Continue reading “Endangered Primate Released Into Wild In Vietnam”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – BA was for Angkor Wat and today B is for that hectic, steamy, eclectic, exciting metropolis that is Bangkok.Continue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – B”
- Adventure Tourism In SarawakSarawak Jungle, Borneo, Malaysia credit Luke Price on flickr Sarawak is a state in the Malaysian island of BorneoContinue reading “Adventure Tourism In Sarawak”
- Chiang Mai Quarantine Free TravelChiang Mai at night credit Robin Canfield on Unsplash Chiang Mai has confirmed that it is pressing ahead forContinue reading “Chiang Mai Quarantine Free Travel”