The biggest city on Bali with some wonderful traditional architecture and historical monuments alongside some excellent shopping opportunities and restaurants
Accommodation – Most hotels are designed for local business travel rather than tourists so don’t expect destination hotels and resorts. Most people will stay in a beach resort and use local transport to visit.
Nightlife – again mostly aimed at local rather than tourists but can be an excellent place to visit for more authentic Bali city life.
Food – The place to visit for Indonesian food on the island mostly at very reasonable prices. Jalan Teuko, Renon and Umar are areas worth visiting.
Things To Do
The Bajra Sandhi Monument is a must visit in Denpasar. built in 1987 the monument is designed to record the struggles of the Balinese people and share the history of the island.
The Bali Provincial Public Museum or the Negeri Propinsi Bali provides an insight into the history, culture and traditions in Bali.
Pasar Badung Market is an excellent local daily market popular with locals and tourists alike offering a wide range of food, handicrafts, clothes and much more.
Photo credit Sasha India on flickr
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Thai Airways To Slash Jobs and PlanesThai Airways tailfin. Credit TwentyFour Students on flickr Thai Airways have now submitted their Debt Rehabilitation Plan as theyContinue reading “Thai Airways To Slash Jobs and Planes”
- Da Nang Plans To Be Vietnam Tourism HubPicture My Khe Beach, Da Nang, Vietnam. Leaders in Da Nang have published plans for the city to becomeContinue reading “Da Nang Plans To Be Vietnam Tourism Hub”
- Bali To Vaccinate 50,000 Tourism Workers In Bid To Reopen IslandBali Beach, Bali, Indonesia. Credit Sven Scheuermeier on Unsplash More than 50,000 workers in the tourism industry have beenContinue reading “Bali To Vaccinate 50,000 Tourism Workers In Bid To Reopen Island”
- Open Thailand Safely Campaign Calls For 1st July Opening Of BordersBangkok, Thailand. Credit Dan Freeman on Unsplash More than 20 international tourism companies have launched a campaign calling forContinue reading “Open Thailand Safely Campaign Calls For 1st July Opening Of Borders”
- Calls For Malaysia To Open To Vaccinated TouristsLangkawi, Malaysia. Credit Jalan Pantai Tengah on Unsplash Tourism and hotel groups have reacted with dismay after Malaysia healthContinue reading “Calls For Malaysia To Open To Vaccinated Tourists”
- Vaccine Passports To Kickstart Tourism in ThailandPhuket, Thailand. Credit Akash Rai on Unsplash Thailand is looking at utilising a vaccine passport system to help theContinue reading “Vaccine Passports To Kickstart Tourism in Thailand”
- Philippines Encourages Increased Travel With Reduced RestrictionsSiquijor, Philippines. Credit Louis Martinez on Unsplash The Philippines Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious DiseasesContinue reading “Philippines Encourages Increased Travel With Reduced Restrictions”
- February HighlightsIt has been an incredibly busy month for Flyingdog Travel and international travel to Southeast Asia finally starting toContinue reading “February Highlights”
- Southeast Asia Destinations Top Worlds’ Most Popular Destination ListBali beach. Picture credit Timo Wagner on Unsplash. Bali has been voted the most Popular Destination in the WorldContinue reading “Southeast Asia Destinations Top Worlds’ Most Popular Destination List”