The biggest city on Bali with some wonderful traditional architecture and historical monuments alongside some excellent shopping opportunities and restaurants
Accommodation – Most hotels are designed for local business travel rather than tourists so don’t expect destination hotels and resorts. Most people will stay in a beach resort and use local transport to visit.
Nightlife – again mostly aimed at local rather than tourists but can be an excellent place to visit for more authentic Bali city life.
Food – The place to visit for Indonesian food on the island mostly at very reasonable prices. Jalan Teuko, Renon and Umar are areas worth visiting.
Things To Do
The Bajra Sandhi Monument is a must visit in Denpasar. built in 1987 the monument is designed to record the struggles of the Balinese people and share the history of the island.
The Bali Provincial Public Museum or the Negeri Propinsi Bali provides an insight into the history, culture and traditions in Bali.
Pasar Badung Market is an excellent local daily market popular with locals and tourists alike offering a wide range of food, handicrafts, clothes and much more.
Photo credit Sasha India on flickr
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Southeast Asia Destinations Top Worlds’ Most Popular Destination ListBali beach. Picture credit Timo Wagner on Unsplash. Bali has been voted the most Popular Destination in the WorldContinue reading “Southeast Asia Destinations Top Worlds’ Most Popular Destination List”
- Southeast Asia Beaches In Tripadvisor Best of the Best List 2021Ngapali Beach, Myanmar. Picture credit Dumphasizer on flickr. Beaches in Myanmar, Vietnam, Thailand Malaysia, Philippines and Indonesia have allContinue reading “Southeast Asia Beaches In Tripadvisor Best of the Best List 2021”
- Vietnam National Park In Tripadvisor Best of the Best List 2021Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park. Picture credit Andrew Oliver on flickr. Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park has been votedContinue reading “Vietnam National Park In Tripadvisor Best of the Best List 2021”
- Can Thai Airways SurviveThai Airways plane. Photo credit tjdarmstadt on flickr. The day of reckoning is coming for Thai Airways. The 2ndContinue reading “Can Thai Airways Survive”
- $800 Million Malaysia Theme Park Opening in 2021Photo credits Genting SkyWorlds Attractions including Ice Age, Night at the Museum and Planet of the Apes will allContinue reading “$800 Million Malaysia Theme Park Opening in 2021”
- Philippines Covid-19 Testing For TravellersThe Philippines Department of Tourism have today said that it would leave the decision on whether to require travellerContinue reading “Philippines Covid-19 Testing For Travellers”
- Vietnam Flights Increase During Tet Despite Covid OutbreakCredit Markus Winkler on Unsplash Traditionally Tet is one of the busiest periods for air travel in Vietnam asContinue reading “Vietnam Flights Increase During Tet Despite Covid Outbreak”
- Thailand May End Quarantine For Vaccinated TravellersAccording to the Bangkok Post Thailand may be considering removing the mandatory 14-day quarantine for all foreign visitors forContinue reading “Thailand May End Quarantine For Vaccinated Travellers”
- Phuket Welcomes First Villa Quarantine TouristsThailand golf. Photo credit Martin Siegenthaler on flickr Phuket has welcomed the first 59 tourists under the Thai villaContinue reading “Phuket Welcomes First Villa Quarantine Tourists”