Home to many luxury resorts and villa’s but also a number of excellent public beaches.
The area is also a haven for surfers, golfers and spa enthusiasts.
Beach – The beaches are beautiful with soft sand and shallow, calm sea near the shore. Further away from the shore there is excellent surf for the more experienced.
Nusa Dua beach is an excellent choice for families.
Accommodation – With a host of luxury resorts and villa complexes there a few budget options.
Nightlife – Most of the nightlife will be within hotel bars and relatively laid back and relaxed. Seminyak is close enough for those who crave more action.
Food – Most of the hotels have top-class restaurants and dining options. There are a number of excellent independent restaurants although numbers are limited.
Things To Do
Surfing is the main attraction in the area as the area has some of the biggest and most reliable waves on Bali. Most of the waves are found up to 1km from shore so be prepared for a long paddle unless you pay for a jet-ski tow or boat ride. The area is mainly suited to more experienced surfers and beginners should head to other beaches.
Water sports, including jet-skis and para gliding are available on most beaches.
The Bali Nusa Dua Theatre features local contemporary dance shows by Devdan.
Where To Stay
5***** – Grand Hyatt Bali is divided into four “villages” surrounded by waterfalls, gardens and lagoons
Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort has a blend of French and Balinese influences set on the beachfront and featuring landscaped pools and gardens
The Mulia is a boutique resort including luxury rooms, suites and villas set in tropical gardens an Ocean views
The St. Regis Bali Resort includes suites, villas and two residences in a luxury setting
4**** – Swiss-Belhotel Segara Resort & Spa is a tropical resort offering a range of room options in its tropical landscape
3*** – Mahogany Hotel is billed as a home away from home
Photo credit Herry Sutanto on Unsplash
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- The Future Of Travel – Why Your Future Travel Will Be Very Different After CoronavirusIn this series of articles we will be looking at how travel is likely to change in the futureContinue reading “The Future Of Travel – Why Your Future Travel Will Be Very Different After Coronavirus”
- Blow To Pattaya Tourism PlansThe Bangkok Post is reporting that the Thai Public Health Ministry is unhappy with plans made by Pattaya toContinue reading “Blow To Pattaya Tourism Plans”
- Air Asia Grounds Most Of FleetMalaysia based low-cost airline AirAsia has been forced to ground almost 90% of its fleet due to the continuingContinue reading “Air Asia Grounds Most Of Fleet”
- Phuket Tourism UpdateThai Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha confirmed over the weekend that Phuket will be the first destination in ThailandContinue reading “Phuket Tourism Update”
- Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 13th JuneWe continue our series looking at the most interesting, entertaining and beautiful pictures and videos from throughout Southeast Asia.Continue reading “Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 13th June”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia IndexWe recently published our A to Z of Southeast Asia. We have seen beautiful pictures, incredible locations, temples, ruins,Continue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia Index”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – ZZ – Zambales Zambeles is a Philippine province found in the northern region of Luzon. Popular with domestic andContinue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – Z”
- Demand For Vietnam Travel IncreasesThe Covid-19 vaccination progress in Europe and North America is leading to more people becoming confident and willing toContinue reading “Demand For Vietnam Travel Increases”
- Singapore Travel Bubble UpdateSingapore has been working on a number of Travel Bubbles and Corridors throughout the pandemic. Recently the long-awaited bubbleContinue reading “Singapore Travel Bubble Update”