Popular with families and older tourists for its laid back atmosphere, traditional Bali life, excellent spas and yoga retreats.
Beach – Beautiful white sand beach with shallow, calm seas make Sanur ideal for families and swimming.
Accommodation – There are some wonderful family-run homestays and guest houses but most people will stay in the wide range of hotels and resorts aimed at the mid to high price range.
Culture – Sanur is one of the oldest tourist areas in Bali with celebrities from all over the world flocking to the area.
As tourism became more popular other areas became the focus which has helped to keep Sanur closer to its traditional values and lifestyle.
The area is also very popular with the art community.
Nightlife – Much quieter than most areas but there are still plenty of bars and karaoke choices in Sanur and even some local live bands.
Food – There are many excellent places to sample traditional Balinese and Indonesian food including street food. There are also a number of good international restaurants in the area.
Things To Do
An excellent location for kite surfing and sail boards with calms seas and consistent winds. A number of other water sports are also available from the beach.
An excellent base for scuba diving and snorkelling with many dive sites ion the local area.
The area has a number of Spas and Yoga options, many of which are considered some of the best in Bali.
The harbour is also the main departure point for boats to Lombok and local islands.
Where To Stay
5***** – Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali an all suite and villa resort set on a golden sand beach among tropical gardens
Hyatt Regency Bali a beachfront resort set in tropical gardens and an ideal location for couples and families
Maya Sanur Resort and Spa is a beachfront resort, 3 pools including an enormous lagoon pool plus an award winning spa and four restaurants.
4**** – Kamuela Villas and Suite Sanur features seven private pool villas with options for couples through to larger groups plus twelve suites.
Klumpu Bali Resort is described as not just a resort but a second home
Maison Aurelia – Sanur by Preference is a boutique hotel has a hint of colonial elegance
3*** – Griya Santrian is a family owned property set in tropical greenery and on a white sand beach
Tandjung Sari Hotel started as an extension to a family home in 1962.
Guest Houses – Kembali Lagi Guest House is situated a short walk from the beach, shops, cafes and spas this guest house offers luxury on a budget
Photo credit Viar Suganda on Unsplash
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- The Future Of Travel – Why Your Future Travel Will Be Very Different After CoronavirusIn this series of articles we will be looking at how travel is likely to change in the futureContinue reading “The Future Of Travel – Why Your Future Travel Will Be Very Different After Coronavirus”
- Blow To Pattaya Tourism PlansThe Bangkok Post is reporting that the Thai Public Health Ministry is unhappy with plans made by Pattaya toContinue reading “Blow To Pattaya Tourism Plans”
- Air Asia Grounds Most Of FleetMalaysia based low-cost airline AirAsia has been forced to ground almost 90% of its fleet due to the continuingContinue reading “Air Asia Grounds Most Of Fleet”
- Phuket Tourism UpdateThai Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha confirmed over the weekend that Phuket will be the first destination in ThailandContinue reading “Phuket Tourism Update”
- Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 13th JuneWe continue our series looking at the most interesting, entertaining and beautiful pictures and videos from throughout Southeast Asia.Continue reading “Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 13th June”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia IndexWe recently published our A to Z of Southeast Asia. We have seen beautiful pictures, incredible locations, temples, ruins,Continue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia Index”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – ZZ – Zambales Zambeles is a Philippine province found in the northern region of Luzon. Popular with domestic andContinue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – Z”
- Demand For Vietnam Travel IncreasesThe Covid-19 vaccination progress in Europe and North America is leading to more people becoming confident and willing toContinue reading “Demand For Vietnam Travel Increases”
- Singapore Travel Bubble UpdateSingapore has been working on a number of Travel Bubbles and Corridors throughout the pandemic. Recently the long-awaited bubbleContinue reading “Singapore Travel Bubble Update”