Popular with families and older tourists for its laid back atmosphere, traditional Bali life, excellent spas and yoga retreats.
Beach – Beautiful white sand beach with shallow, calm seas make Sanur ideal for families and swimming.
Accommodation – There are some wonderful family-run homestays and guest houses but most people will stay in the wide range of hotels and resorts aimed at the mid to high price range.
Culture – Sanur is one of the oldest tourist areas in Bali with celebrities from all over the world flocking to the area.
As tourism became more popular other areas became the focus which has helped to keep Sanur closer to its traditional values and lifestyle.
The area is also very popular with the art community.
Nightlife – Much quieter than most areas but there are still plenty of bars and karaoke choices in Sanur and even some local live bands.
Food – There are many excellent places to sample traditional Balinese and Indonesian food including street food. There are also a number of good international restaurants in the area.
Things To Do
An excellent location for kite surfing and sail boards with calms seas and consistent winds. A number of other water sports are also available from the beach.
An excellent base for scuba diving and snorkelling with many dive sites ion the local area.
The area has a number of Spas and Yoga options, many of which are considered some of the best in Bali.
The harbour is also the main departure point for boats to Lombok and local islands.
Where To Stay
5***** – Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali an all suite and villa resort set on a golden sand beach among tropical gardens
Hyatt Regency Bali a beachfront resort set in tropical gardens and an ideal location for couples and families
Maya Sanur Resort and Spa is a beachfront resort, 3 pools including an enormous lagoon pool plus an award winning spa and four restaurants.
4**** – Kamuela Villas and Suite Sanur features seven private pool villas with options for couples through to larger groups plus twelve suites.
Klumpu Bali Resort is described as not just a resort but a second home
Maison Aurelia – Sanur by Preference is a boutique hotel has a hint of colonial elegance
3*** – Griya Santrian is a family owned property set in tropical greenery and on a white sand beach
Tandjung Sari Hotel started as an extension to a family home in 1962.
Guest Houses – Kembali Lagi Guest House is situated a short walk from the beach, shops, cafes and spas this guest house offers luxury on a budget
Photo credit Viar Suganda on Unsplash
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Could Malaysia Open Its Borders SoonThere are rising hopes that Malaysia may start to welcome back tourists following comments from Prime Minister Ismail SabriContinue reading “Could Malaysia Open Its Borders Soon”
- Vietnam Artist Celebrates The Upcoming Year Of The Tiger[REUTERS] As Vietnam prepares to celebrate the Year of the Tiger next month, local artist Nguyen Tan Phat hasContinue reading “Vietnam Artist Celebrates The Upcoming Year Of The Tiger”
- Hopes Of Tourism Recovery In SingaporeIn 2019 around 19.1 million people visited Singapore, that dropped to just 330,000 in 2021, a record low, asContinue reading “Hopes Of Tourism Recovery In Singapore”
- Indonesia Opens Islands To Singapore VisitorsIndonesia today announced that visitors from Singapore will be allowed to travel to Batam and Bintan as part ofContinue reading “Indonesia Opens Islands To Singapore Visitors”
- Bali Releases Endangered Indonesian Turtles Into The Sea[REUTERS] A batch of 40 turtle hatchlings waddled towards the sea in Indonesia on Thursday as part of aContinue reading “Bali Releases Endangered Indonesian Turtles Into The Sea”
- Singapore VTL Daily Test ChangeConcerned about rising global cases of the Omicron variant of Covid-19, Singapore imposed mandatory daily antigen rapid testing (ART)Continue reading “Singapore VTL Daily Test Change”
- Confirmed Changes To Thailand Test and Go ProgrammeFollowing the announcement of the relaunch of the Test & GO “quarantine-free” programme from 1st February we now haveContinue reading “Confirmed Changes To Thailand Test and Go Programme”
- Thailand Quarantine Free Travel To ReturnAuthorities in Thailand have today announced that the Test & GO scheme, suspended prior to Christmas, will be reinstatedContinue reading “Thailand Quarantine Free Travel To Return”
- Tourists Face Prosecution For Failing To Wear MasksAuthorities on the Thai tourist island of Phuket have warned that they will step up prosecutations against people failingContinue reading “Tourists Face Prosecution For Failing To Wear Masks”