Popular with families and older tourists for its laid back atmosphere, traditional Bali life, excellent spas and yoga retreats.
Beach – Beautiful white sand beach with shallow, calm seas make Sanur ideal for families and swimming.
Accommodation – There are some wonderful family-run homestays and guest houses but most people will stay in the wide range of hotels and resorts aimed at the mid to high price range.
Culture – Sanur is one of the oldest tourist areas in Bali with celebrities from all over the world flocking to the area.
As tourism became more popular other areas became the focus which has helped to keep Sanur closer to its traditional values and lifestyle.
The area is also very popular with the art community.
Nightlife – Much quieter than most areas but there are still plenty of bars and karaoke choices in Sanur and even some local live bands.
Food – There are many excellent places to sample traditional Balinese and Indonesian food including street food. There are also a number of good international restaurants in the area.
Things To Do
An excellent location for kite surfing and sail boards with calms seas and consistent winds. A number of other water sports are also available from the beach.
An excellent base for scuba diving and snorkelling with many dive sites ion the local area.
The area has a number of Spas and Yoga options, many of which are considered some of the best in Bali.
The harbour is also the main departure point for boats to Lombok and local islands.
Where To Stay
5***** – Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali an all suite and villa resort set on a golden sand beach among tropical gardens
Hyatt Regency Bali a beachfront resort set in tropical gardens and an ideal location for couples and families
Maya Sanur Resort and Spa is a beachfront resort, 3 pools including an enormous lagoon pool plus an award winning spa and four restaurants.
4**** – Kamuela Villas and Suite Sanur features seven private pool villas with options for couples through to larger groups plus twelve suites.
Klumpu Bali Resort is described as not just a resort but a second home
Maison Aurelia – Sanur by Preference is a boutique hotel has a hint of colonial elegance
3*** – Griya Santrian is a family owned property set in tropical greenery and on a white sand beach
Tandjung Sari Hotel started as an extension to a family home in 1962.
Guest Houses – Kembali Lagi Guest House is situated a short walk from the beach, shops, cafes and spas this guest house offers luxury on a budget
Photo credit Viar Suganda on Unsplash
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Thai Airways To Slash Jobs and PlanesThai Airways tailfin. Credit TwentyFour Students on flickr Thai Airways have now submitted their Debt Rehabilitation Plan as theyContinue reading “Thai Airways To Slash Jobs and Planes”
- Da Nang Plans To Be Vietnam Tourism HubPicture My Khe Beach, Da Nang, Vietnam. Leaders in Da Nang have published plans for the city to becomeContinue reading “Da Nang Plans To Be Vietnam Tourism Hub”
- Bali To Vaccinate 50,000 Tourism Workers In Bid To Reopen IslandBali Beach, Bali, Indonesia. Credit Sven Scheuermeier on Unsplash More than 50,000 workers in the tourism industry have beenContinue reading “Bali To Vaccinate 50,000 Tourism Workers In Bid To Reopen Island”
- Open Thailand Safely Campaign Calls For 1st July Opening Of BordersBangkok, Thailand. Credit Dan Freeman on Unsplash More than 20 international tourism companies have launched a campaign calling forContinue reading “Open Thailand Safely Campaign Calls For 1st July Opening Of Borders”
- Calls For Malaysia To Open To Vaccinated TouristsLangkawi, Malaysia. Credit Jalan Pantai Tengah on Unsplash Tourism and hotel groups have reacted with dismay after Malaysia healthContinue reading “Calls For Malaysia To Open To Vaccinated Tourists”
- Vaccine Passports To Kickstart Tourism in ThailandPhuket, Thailand. Credit Akash Rai on Unsplash Thailand is looking at utilising a vaccine passport system to help theContinue reading “Vaccine Passports To Kickstart Tourism in Thailand”
- Philippines Encourages Increased Travel With Reduced RestrictionsSiquijor, Philippines. Credit Louis Martinez on Unsplash The Philippines Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious DiseasesContinue reading “Philippines Encourages Increased Travel With Reduced Restrictions”
- February HighlightsIt has been an incredibly busy month for Flyingdog Travel and international travel to Southeast Asia finally starting toContinue reading “February Highlights”
- Southeast Asia Destinations Top Worlds’ Most Popular Destination ListBali beach. Picture credit Timo Wagner on Unsplash. Bali has been voted the most Popular Destination in the WorldContinue reading “Southeast Asia Destinations Top Worlds’ Most Popular Destination List”