Popular with families and older tourists for its laid back atmosphere, traditional Bali life, excellent spas and yoga retreats.
Beach – Beautiful white sand beach with shallow, calm seas make Sanur ideal for families and swimming.
Accommodation – There are some wonderful family-run homestays and guest houses but most people will stay in the wide range of hotels and resorts aimed at the mid to high price range.
Culture – Sanur is one of the oldest tourist areas in Bali with celebrities from all over the world flocking to the area.
As tourism became more popular other areas became the focus which has helped to keep Sanur closer to its traditional values and lifestyle.
The area is also very popular with the art community.
Nightlife – Much quieter than most areas but there are still plenty of bars and karaoke choices in Sanur and even some local live bands.
Food – There are many excellent places to sample traditional Balinese and Indonesian food including street food. There are also a number of good international restaurants in the area.
Things To Do
An excellent location for kite surfing and sail boards with calms seas and consistent winds. A number of other water sports are also available from the beach.
An excellent base for scuba diving and snorkelling with many dive sites ion the local area.
The area has a number of Spas and Yoga options, many of which are considered some of the best in Bali.
The harbour is also the main departure point for boats to Lombok and local islands.
Where To Stay
5***** – Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali an all suite and villa resort set on a golden sand beach among tropical gardens
Hyatt Regency Bali a beachfront resort set in tropical gardens and an ideal location for couples and families
Maya Sanur Resort and Spa is a beachfront resort, 3 pools including an enormous lagoon pool plus an award winning spa and four restaurants.
4**** – Kamuela Villas and Suite Sanur features seven private pool villas with options for couples through to larger groups plus twelve suites.
Klumpu Bali Resort is described as not just a resort but a second home
Maison Aurelia – Sanur by Preference is a boutique hotel has a hint of colonial elegance
3*** – Griya Santrian is a family owned property set in tropical greenery and on a white sand beach
Tandjung Sari Hotel started as an extension to a family home in 1962.
Guest Houses – Kembali Lagi Guest House is situated a short walk from the beach, shops, cafes and spas this guest house offers luxury on a budget
Photo credit Viar Suganda on Unsplash
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Earthquake Hits BaliJust hours after Bali reopened its borders to foreign tourists a 5.1 magnitude earthquake hit the island, killling atContinue reading “Earthquake Hits Bali”
- It’s Time For BaliOn 14th October Bali officially reopened its doors to fully vaccinated foreign tourists from 19 countries. Main picture BaliContinue reading “It’s Time For Bali”
- Myanmar Looking to Welcome Back TouristsMost countries in Southeast Asia have been making plans to reopen to foreign tourists. Main picture Sule Pagoda, Yangon,Continue reading “Myanmar Looking to Welcome Back Tourists”
- Latest Thailand Domestic Flights DetailsThe Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) have issued updated information on available air travel within Thailand. Main picture ThaiContinue reading “Latest Thailand Domestic Flights Details”
- Quarantine Free Travel To Malaysia Being ConsideredReports suggest that the Malaysian government is looking at reopening the borders to fully vaccinated foreign travellers, from selectedContinue reading “Quarantine Free Travel To Malaysia Being Considered”
- Thailand Plans Celebration To Welcome Back TouristsThailand is planning on two lavish celebrations in Bangkok and Phuket as travel restrictions are eased and more areasContinue reading “Thailand Plans Celebration To Welcome Back Tourists”
- Da Nang In Vietnam Eyes Return Of Foreign TouristsAuthorities in the Vietnam coastal city of Da Nang have submitted draft plans for welcoming back foreign visitors fromContinue reading “Da Nang In Vietnam Eyes Return Of Foreign Tourists”
- Bali Open To Foreign Tourists But None ArriveTravellers from 19 countries can travel to Bali in Indonesia from today but the opening failed to lead toContinue reading “Bali Open To Foreign Tourists But None Arrive”
- Thailand Confirms Tourism Reopening PlansUpdated 15th October 2021. Officials in Thailand have confirmed the end of any form of quarantine for travellers fromContinue reading “Thailand Confirms Tourism Reopening Plans”