An upscale beach resort popular with the sophisticated set looking for beautiful beach bars, excellent nightlife, fashionable shops and excellent hotels and restaurants.
Beach – Excellent flat sandy beaches are ideal for lazy days in the sun or for a run or walk when it is cooler.
There are some good surf options in the area as well as plenty of surf shops and schools.
Accommodation – There are options for all budgets although most of the accommodation is aimed at mid-range to luxury travellers.
Nightlife – As the sun goes down the party begins in earnest as the wide range of bars and clubs open and keep going into the early hours.
The area often attracts well-known DJ’s and bands.
Food – The area is popular with chefs from all over the world and many of the best restaurants are on “Eat Street”. Cuisine from all around the world is available as well as more local fare.
Things To Do
If you love a wonderful sunset then make a reservation at one of the many beach bars or restaurants, sit back and enjoy. Alternatively you can just kick back on the beach and relax.
The shopping choices in Seminyak are excellent. Designers from all over the world have boutiques in town mostly with reasonable prices.
Where To Stay
5***** – Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort is an all villa resort with a mix of contemporary design blended with Balinese and Indonesian culture
Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak describes itself as the ideal romantic hotel that is a “home away from home”.
The Samaya Bali Seminyak is a luxury beachfront resort that prides itself on its levels of service and Balinese hospitality
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa is a stylish beachfront resort with a range of rooms, suites and villas
4**** – Aksari Villa Seminyak – Luxury private villas billed as the perfect romantic stay
Desa Di Bali Villa is a luxury hideaway designed for those looking for authentic Bali
IZE Seminyak is a chic, modern hotel attracting a younger clientel with a sophisticated leaning
U Paasha Seminyak is located in the heart of Seminyak with beach and nightlife both located close by
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Thai Airways To Slash Jobs and PlanesThai Airways tailfin. Credit TwentyFour Students on flickr Thai Airways have now submitted their Debt Rehabilitation Plan as theyContinue reading “Thai Airways To Slash Jobs and Planes”
- Da Nang Plans To Be Vietnam Tourism HubPicture My Khe Beach, Da Nang, Vietnam. Leaders in Da Nang have published plans for the city to becomeContinue reading “Da Nang Plans To Be Vietnam Tourism Hub”
- Bali To Vaccinate 50,000 Tourism Workers In Bid To Reopen IslandBali Beach, Bali, Indonesia. Credit Sven Scheuermeier on Unsplash More than 50,000 workers in the tourism industry have beenContinue reading “Bali To Vaccinate 50,000 Tourism Workers In Bid To Reopen Island”
- Open Thailand Safely Campaign Calls For 1st July Opening Of BordersBangkok, Thailand. Credit Dan Freeman on Unsplash More than 20 international tourism companies have launched a campaign calling forContinue reading “Open Thailand Safely Campaign Calls For 1st July Opening Of Borders”
- Calls For Malaysia To Open To Vaccinated TouristsLangkawi, Malaysia. Credit Jalan Pantai Tengah on Unsplash Tourism and hotel groups have reacted with dismay after Malaysia healthContinue reading “Calls For Malaysia To Open To Vaccinated Tourists”
- Vaccine Passports To Kickstart Tourism in ThailandPhuket, Thailand. Credit Akash Rai on Unsplash Thailand is looking at utilising a vaccine passport system to help theContinue reading “Vaccine Passports To Kickstart Tourism in Thailand”
- Philippines Encourages Increased Travel With Reduced RestrictionsSiquijor, Philippines. Credit Louis Martinez on Unsplash The Philippines Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious DiseasesContinue reading “Philippines Encourages Increased Travel With Reduced Restrictions”
- February HighlightsIt has been an incredibly busy month for Flyingdog Travel and international travel to Southeast Asia finally starting toContinue reading “February Highlights”
- Southeast Asia Destinations Top Worlds’ Most Popular Destination ListBali beach. Picture credit Timo Wagner on Unsplash. Bali has been voted the most Popular Destination in the WorldContinue reading “Southeast Asia Destinations Top Worlds’ Most Popular Destination List”