Located on the Northeast of Bali, Tulamben is aimed squarely at scuba divers and snorkellers due to its proximity to excellent dive sites.
Not the easiest place to get to it is advised that you hire a driver to take you there rather than trying to get there yourself.
Beach – Don’t expect golden or white sand beaches here as you will find black volcanic stone beaches instead.
The seas are generally calm however and perfect for swimming and snorkelling from the beach.
Accommodation – There are a number of hotels, mostly mid-range and generally aimed at divers and their families.
Nightlife – Only a few bars, a few with live bands, mean that your evening experience will be more relaxed than at some resorts on the south of Bali.
Food – There are a number of restaurants available in the area offering a mix of local and western food.
Things To Do
An excellent base for scuba diving and snorkelling with many dive sites ion the local area.
Important local dive sites include the wrecks of the USS Liberty and the Japanese shipwreck in Lipah. The dive site of Jemeluk is also nearby offering some incredible marine life.
Where To Stay
4**** – KajaNe Tulamben is a beachfront hotel with a range of rooms and villas
3*** – Toyabali Beach Bungalows the 5 luxury bungalows and swimming pool looking over the quiet beach.
Tulamben Wreck Divers Hotel has a range of rooms and villas including some right on the beachfront
2** – Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA has Balinese style rooms and the resort has direct access to the beach.
Ocean View Dive Resort Tulamben is a family friendly environment in an excellent location
Photo credit Danny Schleisher on Unsplash
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Top 8 Romantic Spots In The PhilippinesThe Philippines is the perfect place to escape from the hustle and bustle and connect with each other for aContinue reading “Top 8 Romantic Spots In The Philippines”
- Singapore Adds More Vaccinated Travel LanesTravellers from 6 more countries will be allowed to visit Singapore under the Vaccinated Travel Lanes (VTL) scheme fromContinue reading “Singapore Adds More Vaccinated Travel Lanes”
- Philippines Confirms Tourism Opening DateThe Philippines government has announced that it will reopen its borders to tourists from low-risk countries on a trialContinue reading “Philippines Confirms Tourism Opening Date”
- Breaking News – Thailand To End PCR Test On ArrivalThe Thai National Communicable Disease Committee (NCDC) has approved plans that will mean that travellers entering under the TestContinue reading “Breaking News – Thailand To End PCR Test On Arrival”
- Singapore Malaysia Land Border To Reopen[REUTERS] Singapore and Malaysia will next week launch a quarantine-free travel lane at their land border crossing, one ofContinue reading “Singapore Malaysia Land Border To Reopen”
- Myanmar To Welcome Back Foreign TouristsEarlier this month we reported on plans for Myanmar (previously known as Burma) to reopen some of its landContinue reading “Myanmar To Welcome Back Foreign Tourists”
- Philippines Tourism Reopening UpdateMore details have been announced on the reopening of the Phillipines to foreign travellers, although we are still waitingContinue reading “Philippines Tourism Reopening Update”
- Thai Province Gains UNESCO Status For Its FoodPhetchaburi Province has been accepted as Thailand’s latest member of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN) in the fieldContinue reading “Thai Province Gains UNESCO Status For Its Food”
- Thailand Attracts More Than 20,000 Foreign Visitors In OctoberThe reopening of Thailand to foreign visitors started in July with the Phuket Sandbox and slowly additoonal areas wereContinue reading “Thailand Attracts More Than 20,000 Foreign Visitors In October”