The closest of the Gili islands to Lombok, Gili Air is accessible from Bali or Senggigi on Longbok by speedboat.
An excellent balance between the lively Gili Trawangan and the much more sedate Gili Meno.
Beach – Hop on a bike, or walk if you are feeling more energetic, and you can easily circumnavigate the island and explore the excellent beaches.
The best beaches are in the Southwest of the island.
Accommodation – There are options for most budgets although the number of upmarket hotels has increased recently
Nightlife – Much quieter than Gili Trawangan but there is a good selection of bars including some iconic party nights and international DJ’s.
Food – There are a good selection of restaurants, many of these on the beachfront, offering a wide range of food with some exceptional seafood and BBQ.
Things To Do
A world class diving destination with options for beginners all the way through to the most experienced and adventurous divers.
The amount and diversity of marine life is truly incredible from the smallest creatures to spectacular and, much, larger fish.
For those who do not want to go diving then snorkeling is an excellent alternative with stunning marine life around the coral reef just a short swim from the shore. The current can be strong at times so beware.
Rent a bicycle and explore the island. Gili Air is just 5km around and with no motorised vehicles is perfectly safe to explore on two wheels. The ride is around 2 hours but may take you much longer as you stop at beaches, cafes or the odd bar on your trip.
Yoga is a popular activity on the island with a number of studios offering specialist activities.
Where To Stay
4**** – Slow Private Pool Villas consists of 10 contemporary luxury villas. Inspired by Balinese architecture
Turtle Beach Hotel boasts a sunrise view from the bar/restaurant right across the thatched-roof-environmentally-friendly bungalows.
3*** – KyGunAya Villa is an excellent option for couples and families
PinkCoco Gili Air bills itself as the sexiest hotel on the island with the best spot to enjoy the stunning sunset
Sunrise Resort sits on a wonderful white coral sand beach with some of the best snorkeling on the island just a short swim away
2** – Gili Matiki offers you a place of relaxation and chill out in the center of the island just 2 minutes from the beach
Segar Villages offers family friendly, value for money accommodation
Photo credit Federico Enni on Unsplash
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 9th MayAngkor Wat, Cambodia We continue our series looking at the most interesting, entertaining and beautiful pictures and videos fromContinue reading “Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 9th May”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – EDragon Bridge, Da Nang, Vietnam credit Bikepacking Adventure Company on flickr Asian Elephants are found through much of SoutheastContinue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – E”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – DDragon Bridge, Da Nang, Vietnam credit Bikepacking Adventure Company on flickr Da Nang The central Vietnamese city of DaContinue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – D”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – CToday we continue our A to Z rundown of Southeast Asia highlights. We have reached C, which is forContinue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – C”
- Thailand Sandbox At Risk Due To CovidThe start of the Phuket Sandbox, quarantine free travel for vaccinated travellers, is under threat due to the ongoingContinue reading “Thailand Sandbox At Risk Due To Covid”
- Endangered Primate Released Into Wild In VietnamForest rangers transport a red shanked douc langur to Bach Ma National Park in Vietnam. Credit VN Express /Continue reading “Endangered Primate Released Into Wild In Vietnam”
- The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – BA was for Angkor Wat and today B is for that hectic, steamy, eclectic, exciting metropolis that is Bangkok.Continue reading “The A To Z Of Southeast Asia – B”
- Adventure Tourism In SarawakSarawak Jungle, Borneo, Malaysia credit Luke Price on flickr Sarawak is a state in the Malaysian island of BorneoContinue reading “Adventure Tourism In Sarawak”
- Chiang Mai Quarantine Free TravelChiang Mai at night credit Robin Canfield on Unsplash Chiang Mai has confirmed that it is pressing ahead forContinue reading “Chiang Mai Quarantine Free Travel”