The closest of the Gili islands to Lombok, Gili Air is accessible from Bali or Senggigi on Longbok by speedboat.
An excellent balance between the lively Gili Trawangan and the much more sedate Gili Meno.
Beach – Hop on a bike, or walk if you are feeling more energetic, and you can easily circumnavigate the island and explore the excellent beaches.
The best beaches are in the Southwest of the island.
Accommodation – There are options for most budgets although the number of upmarket hotels has increased recently
Nightlife – Much quieter than Gili Trawangan but there is a good selection of bars including some iconic party nights and international DJ’s.
Food – There are a good selection of restaurants, many of these on the beachfront, offering a wide range of food with some exceptional seafood and BBQ.
Things To Do
A world class diving destination with options for beginners all the way through to the most experienced and adventurous divers.
The amount and diversity of marine life is truly incredible from the smallest creatures to spectacular and, much, larger fish.
For those who do not want to go diving then snorkeling is an excellent alternative with stunning marine life around the coral reef just a short swim from the shore. The current can be strong at times so beware.
Rent a bicycle and explore the island. Gili Air is just 5km around and with no motorised vehicles is perfectly safe to explore on two wheels. The ride is around 2 hours but may take you much longer as you stop at beaches, cafes or the odd bar on your trip.
Yoga is a popular activity on the island with a number of studios offering specialist activities.
Where To Stay
4**** – Slow Private Pool Villas consists of 10 contemporary luxury villas. Inspired by Balinese architecture
Turtle Beach Hotel boasts a sunrise view from the bar/restaurant right across the thatched-roof-environmentally-friendly bungalows.
3*** – KyGunAya Villa is an excellent option for couples and families
PinkCoco Gili Air bills itself as the sexiest hotel on the island with the best spot to enjoy the stunning sunset
Sunrise Resort sits on a wonderful white coral sand beach with some of the best snorkeling on the island just a short swim away
2** – Gili Matiki offers you a place of relaxation and chill out in the center of the island just 2 minutes from the beach
Segar Villages offers family friendly, value for money accommodation
Photo credit Federico Enni on Unsplash
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Earthquake Hits BaliJust hours after Bali reopened its borders to foreign tourists a 5.1 magnitude earthquake hit the island, killling atContinue reading “Earthquake Hits Bali”
- It’s Time For BaliOn 14th October Bali officially reopened its doors to fully vaccinated foreign tourists from 19 countries. Main picture BaliContinue reading “It’s Time For Bali”
- Myanmar Looking to Welcome Back TouristsMost countries in Southeast Asia have been making plans to reopen to foreign tourists. Main picture Sule Pagoda, Yangon,Continue reading “Myanmar Looking to Welcome Back Tourists”
- Latest Thailand Domestic Flights DetailsThe Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) have issued updated information on available air travel within Thailand. Main picture ThaiContinue reading “Latest Thailand Domestic Flights Details”
- Quarantine Free Travel To Malaysia Being ConsideredReports suggest that the Malaysian government is looking at reopening the borders to fully vaccinated foreign travellers, from selectedContinue reading “Quarantine Free Travel To Malaysia Being Considered”
- Thailand Plans Celebration To Welcome Back TouristsThailand is planning on two lavish celebrations in Bangkok and Phuket as travel restrictions are eased and more areasContinue reading “Thailand Plans Celebration To Welcome Back Tourists”
- Da Nang In Vietnam Eyes Return Of Foreign TouristsAuthorities in the Vietnam coastal city of Da Nang have submitted draft plans for welcoming back foreign visitors fromContinue reading “Da Nang In Vietnam Eyes Return Of Foreign Tourists”
- Bali Open To Foreign Tourists But None ArriveTravellers from 19 countries can travel to Bali in Indonesia from today but the opening failed to lead toContinue reading “Bali Open To Foreign Tourists But None Arrive”
- Thailand Confirms Tourism Reopening PlansUpdated 15th October 2021. Officials in Thailand have confirmed the end of any form of quarantine for travellers fromContinue reading “Thailand Confirms Tourism Reopening Plans”