The smallest, least developed and quietest of the three islands.
Popular with nature lovers and honeymooners.
Beach – With probably the best beaches in the Gili Islands especially on the northern end of the island.
The white coral sand beaches are relaxed and often you will get them almost to yourself. Paradise
Accommodation – There are options for most budgets although the number of upmarket hotels has increased recently
Nightlife – Much more sedate than the other Gili Islands but still enough life to keep you inhappy into the evening / night.
Food – There are a good selection of restaurants, many of these on the beachfront, offering a wide range of food with some exceptional seafood and BBQ. Don’t be put off by the rustic nature of some of the dining options, as the food can still be exceptional.
Things To Do
Gili Meno Turtle Sanctuary is a must visit on the island and, a certain times of the year, you can help to release a young turtle into the ocean.
Much of the coastline is perfect for snorkeling.
Gili Meno saltwater lake makes an interesting change of pace and scenery which is a wonderful location to see some incredible wildlife including lizards and birds
Where To Stay
4**** – Avia Villa has villas with their own private pools and bungalows with direct access to the public pool situated on a beautiful beach
Karma Reef offers a mixture of traditional bungalows and glamping
3*** – Les Villas Ottalia is an eco-villa resort with a mix of villas and bungalows
Kura Kura Resort prides itself on its perfect location
MAHAMAYA Gili Meno is a chic, eco-inspired resort
Meno House is a boutique retreat on an exceptional beachfront setting amid breathtaking natural beauty
2** – Seri Resort Gili Meno offers white sands, turquoise bays, serene beach life and coral gardens
Sunsethouse Gilimeno promises the Robinson Crusoe life adventure of Gili Meno
Photo credit Mathis Jrdl on Unsplash
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Proposals Submitted For Vietnam Vaccine PassportVietnam countryside credit Kiril Dobrev on Unsplash Quang Nam province, which includes the famous town of Hoi An, hasContinue reading “Proposals Submitted For Vietnam Vaccine Passport”
- James Bond Island Under ThreatJames Bond Island credit Engin Akyurt on Unsplash Khao Ta Pu (Ko Ta Pu ) is more commonly knownContinue reading “James Bond Island Under Threat”
- End To Phuket Quarantine May Be DelayedPhuket beach credit Akash Rai on Unsplash The ambitious plan for a quarantine-free Phuket for travellers with a Covid-19Continue reading “End To Phuket Quarantine May Be Delayed”
- Hopes For Indonesia Tourism From JulyKuta, Bali, Indonesia credit Saepul Jr on Unsplash Indonesia is planning to open the borders to foreign tourists fromContinue reading “Hopes For Indonesia Tourism From July”
- More Restrictions Announced In ThailandHua Hin, Thailand credit Peeraphong Wiriya on Unsplash A range of new measures have been implemented in Thailand asContinue reading “More Restrictions Announced In Thailand”
- Philippines extends Travel BanEl Nido, Philippines credit nennn on flickr Today the Philippines announced a further 10,726 new Covid-19 cases and extendedContinue reading “Philippines extends Travel Ban”
- Vietnam Twitter HighlightsGolden Bridge, Ba Na Hills, Da Nang, Vietnam credit Andrea Popa on Unsplash Yesterday we published our first socialContinue reading “Vietnam Twitter Highlights”
- Singapore Airlines Confirms Latest Flight ScheduleSingapore airlines A380 credit Roderick Eime on flickr Singapore Airlines has released its latest confirmed flight routes up toContinue reading “Singapore Airlines Confirms Latest Flight Schedule”
- New Lockdown Fears in ThailandBangkok at night credit Minseok Kwak on Unsplash The increasing severity and spread of the latest Covid-19 outbreak inContinue reading “New Lockdown Fears in Thailand”