The smallest, least developed and quietest of the three islands.
Popular with nature lovers and honeymooners.
Beach – With probably the best beaches in the Gili Islands especially on the northern end of the island.
The white coral sand beaches are relaxed and often you will get them almost to yourself. Paradise
Accommodation – There are options for most budgets although the number of upmarket hotels has increased recently
Nightlife – Much more sedate than the other Gili Islands but still enough life to keep you inhappy into the evening / night.
Food – There are a good selection of restaurants, many of these on the beachfront, offering a wide range of food with some exceptional seafood and BBQ. Don’t be put off by the rustic nature of some of the dining options, as the food can still be exceptional.
Things To Do
Gili Meno Turtle Sanctuary is a must visit on the island and, a certain times of the year, you can help to release a young turtle into the ocean.
Much of the coastline is perfect for snorkeling.
Gili Meno saltwater lake makes an interesting change of pace and scenery which is a wonderful location to see some incredible wildlife including lizards and birds
Where To Stay
4**** – Avia Villa has villas with their own private pools and bungalows with direct access to the public pool situated on a beautiful beach
Karma Reef offers a mixture of traditional bungalows and glamping
3*** – Les Villas Ottalia is an eco-villa resort with a mix of villas and bungalows
Kura Kura Resort prides itself on its perfect location
MAHAMAYA Gili Meno is a chic, eco-inspired resort
Meno House is a boutique retreat on an exceptional beachfront setting amid breathtaking natural beauty
2** – Seri Resort Gili Meno offers white sands, turquoise bays, serene beach life and coral gardens
Sunsethouse Gilimeno promises the Robinson Crusoe life adventure of Gili Meno
Photo credit Mathis Jrdl on Unsplash
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Thai Airways To Slash Jobs and PlanesThai Airways tailfin. Credit TwentyFour Students on flickr Thai Airways have now submitted their Debt Rehabilitation Plan as theyContinue reading “Thai Airways To Slash Jobs and Planes”
- Da Nang Plans To Be Vietnam Tourism HubPicture My Khe Beach, Da Nang, Vietnam. Leaders in Da Nang have published plans for the city to becomeContinue reading “Da Nang Plans To Be Vietnam Tourism Hub”
- Bali To Vaccinate 50,000 Tourism Workers In Bid To Reopen IslandBali Beach, Bali, Indonesia. Credit Sven Scheuermeier on Unsplash More than 50,000 workers in the tourism industry have beenContinue reading “Bali To Vaccinate 50,000 Tourism Workers In Bid To Reopen Island”
- Open Thailand Safely Campaign Calls For 1st July Opening Of BordersBangkok, Thailand. Credit Dan Freeman on Unsplash More than 20 international tourism companies have launched a campaign calling forContinue reading “Open Thailand Safely Campaign Calls For 1st July Opening Of Borders”
- Calls For Malaysia To Open To Vaccinated TouristsLangkawi, Malaysia. Credit Jalan Pantai Tengah on Unsplash Tourism and hotel groups have reacted with dismay after Malaysia healthContinue reading “Calls For Malaysia To Open To Vaccinated Tourists”
- Vaccine Passports To Kickstart Tourism in ThailandPhuket, Thailand. Credit Akash Rai on Unsplash Thailand is looking at utilising a vaccine passport system to help theContinue reading “Vaccine Passports To Kickstart Tourism in Thailand”
- Philippines Encourages Increased Travel With Reduced RestrictionsSiquijor, Philippines. Credit Louis Martinez on Unsplash The Philippines Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious DiseasesContinue reading “Philippines Encourages Increased Travel With Reduced Restrictions”
- February HighlightsIt has been an incredibly busy month for Flyingdog Travel and international travel to Southeast Asia finally starting toContinue reading “February Highlights”
- Southeast Asia Destinations Top Worlds’ Most Popular Destination ListBali beach. Picture credit Timo Wagner on Unsplash. Bali has been voted the most Popular Destination in the WorldContinue reading “Southeast Asia Destinations Top Worlds’ Most Popular Destination List”