The smallest, least developed and quietest of the three islands.
Popular with nature lovers and honeymooners.
Beach – With probably the best beaches in the Gili Islands especially on the northern end of the island.
The white coral sand beaches are relaxed and often you will get them almost to yourself. Paradise
Accommodation – There are options for most budgets although the number of upmarket hotels has increased recently
Nightlife – Much more sedate than the other Gili Islands but still enough life to keep you inhappy into the evening / night.
Food – There are a good selection of restaurants, many of these on the beachfront, offering a wide range of food with some exceptional seafood and BBQ. Don’t be put off by the rustic nature of some of the dining options, as the food can still be exceptional.
Things To Do
Gili Meno Turtle Sanctuary is a must visit on the island and, a certain times of the year, you can help to release a young turtle into the ocean.
Much of the coastline is perfect for snorkeling.
Gili Meno saltwater lake makes an interesting change of pace and scenery which is a wonderful location to see some incredible wildlife including lizards and birds
Where To Stay
4**** – Avia Villa has villas with their own private pools and bungalows with direct access to the public pool situated on a beautiful beach
Karma Reef offers a mixture of traditional bungalows and glamping
3*** – Les Villas Ottalia is an eco-villa resort with a mix of villas and bungalows
Kura Kura Resort prides itself on its perfect location
MAHAMAYA Gili Meno is a chic, eco-inspired resort
Meno House is a boutique retreat on an exceptional beachfront setting amid breathtaking natural beauty
2** – Seri Resort Gili Meno offers white sands, turquoise bays, serene beach life and coral gardens
Sunsethouse Gilimeno promises the Robinson Crusoe life adventure of Gili Meno
Photo credit Mathis Jrdl on Unsplash
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Vietnam Planning Travel CorridorsEarlier this week the first domestic Malaysian tourists arrived in Langkawi as it started to reopen for travel. NowContinue reading “Vietnam Planning Travel Corridors”
- Malaysia Thailand And Vietnam Get New UNESCO Biosphere ReservesThe United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has announced a number of new Biosphere Reserves in SoutheastContinue reading “Malaysia Thailand And Vietnam Get New UNESCO Biosphere Reserves”
- First Tourists Land In Langkawi Malaysia[Reuters] The first plane carrying tourists in more than four months touched down on the Malaysian island of LangkawiContinue reading “First Tourists Land In Langkawi Malaysia”
- Bangkok Tourism Restart DelayThe chaotic restart of tourism in Thailand continues as the on-off reopening of Bangkok is delayed. Main picture boatsContinue reading “Bangkok Tourism Restart Delay”
- Top Things To Do In The Andaman And Nicobar IslandsIn this guest post from Unnati Khandelwal from Banbanjara we look at the delights of the Andaman and NicobarContinue reading “Top Things To Do In The Andaman And Nicobar Islands”
- Langkawi Starts Tourism Reopening[Reuters] Businesses at Malaysia’s prime holiday destination are gearing up to welcome the return of tourists this week, asContinue reading “Langkawi Starts Tourism Reopening”
- Indonesia Aiming For Return Of International TouristsThe Indonesia Health Minister has said that the country aims to reopen to foreign visitors from November, once 70%Continue reading “Indonesia Aiming For Return Of International Tourists”
- Singapore Winners In Worlds Best Airline And Airports ListThe World’s Best Awards are compiled each year by Travel+Leisure who ask readers their travel experiences around the globeContinue reading “Singapore Winners In Worlds Best Airline And Airports List”
- Thailand To Simplify Tourism Entry DetailsSince Thailand reopened to foreign travellers with Phuket in July there has been confusion over the entry requirements forContinue reading “Thailand To Simplify Tourism Entry Details”