Scuba Diving & Snorkeling
Phu Quoc is a good location to learn to scuba dive but less suited for more experienced divers.
The snorkeling is excellent however and there are many boat trips that will include snorkeling or be the focus of the trip.
Phu Quoc Prison
Built in 1949 and used to house North Vietnamese prisoners during the America – Vietnam war.
Declared a national historical site in 1995 it includes a variety of exhibits including torture instruments.
Phu Quoc Night Market
Open every evening in Duong Dong this market has excellent street food, souvenirs and a great atmosphere.
Take the Cable Car
The Phu Quoc cable car runs from the southwestern tip of Phu Quoc at An Thoi to Hon Thom (Pineapple) Island.
The 15 minute trip gives amazing views across the Gulf of Thailand and Phu Quoc itself.
Suoa Tranh Waterfall
Sitting in the jungle this 4 metre tall waterfall has plenty of walking paths, caves and pools to discover and is just a short drive from Duong Dong
Hidden at the far eastern end of Rach Vem Beach is a small beach that is home to red starfish seemingly sunbathing in the shallow water.
Sung Hung Pagoda
Two shrines built in the early 10th century situated in Duong Dong.
Dress appropriately for a temple and you will be rewarded with this beautiful temple, statues and paintings.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Vietnam Planning Travel CorridorsEarlier this week the first domestic Malaysian tourists arrived in Langkawi as it started to reopen for travel. Now Vietnam is planningContinue reading “Vietnam Planning Travel Corridors”
- Malaysia Thailand And Vietnam Get New UNESCO Biosphere ReservesThe United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has announced a number of new Biosphere Reserves in Southeast Asia that areContinue reading “Malaysia Thailand And Vietnam Get New UNESCO Biosphere Reserves”
- First Tourists Land In Langkawi Malaysia[Reuters] The first plane carrying tourists in more than four months touched down on the Malaysian island of Langkawi on Thursday andContinue reading “First Tourists Land In Langkawi Malaysia”
- Bangkok Tourism Restart DelayThe chaotic restart of tourism in Thailand continues as the on-off reopening of Bangkok is delayed. Main picture boats on the ChaoContinue reading “Bangkok Tourism Restart Delay”
- Top Things To Do In The Andaman And Nicobar IslandsIn this guest post from Unnati Khandelwal from Banbanjara we look at the delights of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands which althoughContinue reading “Top Things To Do In The Andaman And Nicobar Islands”
- Langkawi Starts Tourism Reopening[Reuters] Businesses at Malaysia’s prime holiday destination are gearing up to welcome the return of tourists this week, as the country takesContinue reading “Langkawi Starts Tourism Reopening”