A group of 16 mostly uninhabited islands making up Con Dao National Park. Con Son is the only inhabited island and offers an excellent, quiet location to visit.
February to June is the best time to visit Con Dao with a low chance of rain and pleasant temperatures. Winds are also relatively calm which means that conditions are best fro scuba diving and snorkeling. Weather is similar in December and January apart from higher winds which can close the port for short periods of time and affect water sports.
Rainfall is most light, if any, apart from July to September when overnight storms can hit.
It is possible to watch, from a distance, turtles nesting on the beaches from around May to October.
Vietnam Airlines are the only airline flying direct from the UK to Vietnam, with flights to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
Vietnam Airlines fly from Ho Chi Minh City to Con Dao Airport.
Con Son Town is easy to get around by foot or on bicycle, the terrain is less suited outside of town however.
Taxi – Available in Con Son Town. Most taxis should have and use meters. Many drivers can speak at least some English.
Xe Om (motorcycle taxi) – An excellent way of exploring but expect to bargain hard for a price which can fluctuate depending on the time of day, distance and weather.
What to do in Con Dao
Reputed to have the best scuba diving and snorkeling in Vietnam, Con Dao is a must for divers of all abilities.
The islands have a number of stunning beaches both close to Con Dao and through an island hopping trip
Photo credit Far East Tour Vietnam on flickr
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Quarantine Free Travel To Malaysia Being ConsideredReports suggest that the Malaysian government is looking at reopening the borders to fully vaccinated foreign travellers, from selectedContinue reading “Quarantine Free Travel To Malaysia Being Considered”
- Thailand Plans Celebration To Welcome Back TouristsThailand is planning on two lavish celebrations in Bangkok and Phuket as travel restrictions are eased and more areasContinue reading “Thailand Plans Celebration To Welcome Back Tourists”
- Da Nang In Vietnam Eyes Return Of Foreign TouristsAuthorities in the Vietnam coastal city of Da Nang have submitted draft plans for welcoming back foreign visitors fromContinue reading “Da Nang In Vietnam Eyes Return Of Foreign Tourists”
- Bali Open To Foreign Tourists But None ArriveTravellers from 19 countries can travel to Bali in Indonesia from today but the opening failed to lead toContinue reading “Bali Open To Foreign Tourists But None Arrive”
- Thailand Confirms Tourism Reopening PlansUpdated 15th October 2021. Officials in Thailand have confirmed the end of any form of quarantine for travellers fromContinue reading “Thailand Confirms Tourism Reopening Plans”
- Southeast Asia Dominates World’s Friendliest Countries ListRough Guides have been one of the most popular series of travel guides for a number of decades andContinue reading “Southeast Asia Dominates World’s Friendliest Countries List”
- Singapore Travel Bookings Take OffIt has only been a few days since more countries were added to the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) schemeContinue reading “Singapore Travel Bookings Take Off”
- Bali Ready For Return Of Foreign TouristsBali International airport has conducted a trial run in preparation for the return of foreign tourists as local businessesContinue reading “Bali Ready For Return Of Foreign Tourists”
- Will Tourists Rush Back To ThailandThe Thai Prime Minister announced yesterday that from 1st November, fully vaccinated travellers from at least 10 countries willContinue reading “Will Tourists Rush Back To Thailand”