A group of 16 mostly uninhabited islands making up Con Dao National Park. Con Son is the only inhabited island and offers an excellent, quiet location to visit.
February to June is the best time to visit Con Dao with a low chance of rain and pleasant temperatures. Winds are also relatively calm which means that conditions are best fro scuba diving and snorkeling. Weather is similar in December and January apart from higher winds which can close the port for short periods of time and affect water sports.
Rainfall is most light, if any, apart from July to September when overnight storms can hit.
It is possible to watch, from a distance, turtles nesting on the beaches from around May to October.
Vietnam Airlines are the only airline flying direct from the UK to Vietnam, with flights to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
Vietnam Airlines fly from Ho Chi Minh City to Con Dao Airport.
Con Son Town is easy to get around by foot or on bicycle, the terrain is less suited outside of town however.
Taxi – Available in Con Son Town. Most taxis should have and use meters. Many drivers can speak at least some English.
Xe Om (motorcycle taxi) – An excellent way of exploring but expect to bargain hard for a price which can fluctuate depending on the time of day, distance and weather.
What to do in Con Dao
Reputed to have the best scuba diving and snorkeling in Vietnam, Con Dao is a must for divers of all abilities.
The islands have a number of stunning beaches both close to Con Dao and through an island hopping trip
Photo credit Far East Tour Vietnam on flickr
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Proposals Submitted For Vietnam Vaccine PassportVietnam countryside credit Kiril Dobrev on Unsplash Quang Nam province, which includes the famous town of Hoi An, hasContinue reading “Proposals Submitted For Vietnam Vaccine Passport”
- James Bond Island Under ThreatJames Bond Island credit Engin Akyurt on Unsplash Khao Ta Pu (Ko Ta Pu ) is more commonly knownContinue reading “James Bond Island Under Threat”
- End To Phuket Quarantine May Be DelayedPhuket beach credit Akash Rai on Unsplash The ambitious plan for a quarantine-free Phuket for travellers with a Covid-19Continue reading “End To Phuket Quarantine May Be Delayed”
- Hopes For Indonesia Tourism From JulyKuta, Bali, Indonesia credit Saepul Jr on Unsplash Indonesia is planning to open the borders to foreign tourists fromContinue reading “Hopes For Indonesia Tourism From July”
- More Restrictions Announced In ThailandHua Hin, Thailand credit Peeraphong Wiriya on Unsplash A range of new measures have been implemented in Thailand asContinue reading “More Restrictions Announced In Thailand”
- Philippines extends Travel BanEl Nido, Philippines credit nennn on flickr Today the Philippines announced a further 10,726 new Covid-19 cases and extendedContinue reading “Philippines extends Travel Ban”
- Vietnam Twitter HighlightsGolden Bridge, Ba Na Hills, Da Nang, Vietnam credit Andrea Popa on Unsplash Yesterday we published our first socialContinue reading “Vietnam Twitter Highlights”
- Singapore Airlines Confirms Latest Flight ScheduleSingapore airlines A380 credit Roderick Eime on flickr Singapore Airlines has released its latest confirmed flight routes up toContinue reading “Singapore Airlines Confirms Latest Flight Schedule”
- New Lockdown Fears in ThailandBangkok at night credit Minseok Kwak on Unsplash The increasing severity and spread of the latest Covid-19 outbreak inContinue reading “New Lockdown Fears in Thailand”