Hoan Kiem District (Old Quarter) is a congested area now the main business and tourist area in the city.
With narrow streets that are well worth exploring many of which feature specific in goods from traditional handicrafts to imported food and drink.
The area has plentiful numbers of cafes, food stalls and restaurants.
Five ***** – The Oriental Jade Hotel
Around 15 minutes drive from Old Quarter and home to many of the main attractions in town including the ho Chi Minh mausoleum and the One Pillar pagoda.
The area has an excellent choice of hotels, restaurants and bars that should keep most people hapy.
Housing a popular shopping area which includes local handicrafts through to upmarket international brands.
The area also houses a good range of hotels and restaurants.
Five ***** – Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi
Home to West Lake a large freshwater lake, the area has an abundance of excellent restaurants, cafes, hotels and nightlife.
Hanoi is a wonderful place to visit and many of the hotels are located in areas that make it easy to explore on foot
We have picked some our favourite hotels throughout Hanoi.
Subscribe to My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- 35 Die in Central Vietnam After Typhoon MolaveAt least 35 people have died and 59 are missing as Typhoon Molave hit Central Vietnam on Wednesday (28thContinue reading “35 Die in Central Vietnam After Typhoon Molave”
- Andaman SeaMy favourite pictures #9 I have always loved water. My fearless antics around swimming pools as a 2 yearContinue reading “Andaman Sea”
- Typhoon Molave Batters Central VietnamTyphoon Molave, believed to be the most powerful storm to hit Vietnam in the last 20 years, made landfallContinue reading “Typhoon Molave Batters Central Vietnam”
- SongthaewMy favourite pictures #8 I have ridden in many a Songthaew over the years. We have hailed them fromContinue reading “Songthaew”
- Threat to Komodo Dragon by “Jurassic Park”Protests against an Indonesian government backed scheme to promote tourism on Rinca Island, dubbed “Jurassic Park” have intensified followingContinue reading “Threat to Komodo Dragon by “Jurassic Park””
- Street FoodMy favourite pictures #7 I love street food. This picture sums up everything that is good about street foodContinue reading “Street Food”