Hoan Kiem District (Old Quarter) is a congested area now the main business and tourist area in the city.
With narrow streets that are well worth exploring many of which feature specific in goods from traditional handicrafts to imported food and drink.
The area has plentiful numbers of cafes, food stalls and restaurants.
Five ***** – The Oriental Jade Hotel
Around 15 minutes drive from Old Quarter and home to many of the main attractions in town including the ho Chi Minh mausoleum and the One Pillar pagoda.
The area has an excellent choice of hotels, restaurants and bars that should keep most people hapy.
Housing a popular shopping area which includes local handicrafts through to upmarket international brands.
The area also houses a good range of hotels and restaurants.
Five ***** – Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi
Home to West Lake a large freshwater lake, the area has an abundance of excellent restaurants, cafes, hotels and nightlife.
Hanoi is a wonderful place to visit and many of the hotels are located in areas that make it easy to explore on foot
We have picked some our favourite hotels throughout Hanoi.
Subscribe to My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- IATA Calls For European Vaccination CertificateThe International Air Transport Association (IATA) has called for the European Union to support an initiative from Greek PrimeContinue reading “IATA Calls For European Vaccination Certificate”
- Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 5In this, the fifth part in our series of film locations, we We also have films starring Sean Connery,Continue reading “Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 5”
- Tourism Industry Will Closely Monitor Seychelles Quarantine DecisionThe Seychelles News Agency has reported that travellers who have received both doses of a Covid-19 vaccine will nowContinue reading “Tourism Industry Will Closely Monitor Seychelles Quarantine Decision”
- Thailand Covid Control Measures To Remain Until End Of MonthThe Bangkok Post is this morning reporting that the current Covid-19 control measures will remain in place for theContinue reading “Thailand Covid Control Measures To Remain Until End Of Month”
- Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 4In this, the fourth part in our series of film locations, we look at one of the most famousContinue reading “Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 4”
- Beef PhoPho is an incredibly popular dish throughout Vietnam and is often eaten at all times of the day. ItContinue reading “Beef Pho”