Hoan Kiem District (Old Quarter) is a congested area now the main business and tourist area in the city.
With narrow streets that are well worth exploring many of which feature specific in goods from traditional handicrafts to imported food and drink.
The area has plentiful numbers of cafes, food stalls and restaurants.
Five ***** – The Oriental Jade Hotel
Around 15 minutes drive from Old Quarter and home to many of the main attractions in town including the ho Chi Minh mausoleum and the One Pillar pagoda.
The area has an excellent choice of hotels, restaurants and bars that should keep most people hapy.
Housing a popular shopping area which includes local handicrafts through to upmarket international brands.
The area also houses a good range of hotels and restaurants.
Five ***** – Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi
Home to West Lake a large freshwater lake, the area has an abundance of excellent restaurants, cafes, hotels and nightlife.
Hanoi is a wonderful place to visit and many of the hotels are located in areas that make it easy to explore on foot
We have picked some our favourite hotels throughout Hanoi.
Subscribe to My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Earth Day Southeast AsiaPhilippines credit EU Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Today is Earth Day and we are closely following developments andContinue reading “Earth Day Southeast Asia”
- Earth Day Philippines Face Mask PollutionCredit Ani Kolleshi on Unsplash Face masks are essential in helping to curb the spread of Covid-19 but theContinue reading “Earth Day Philippines Face Mask Pollution”
- Earth Day Thailand Solar FarmSirindhorn Dam project credit Electricity Generation Authority of Thailand Thailand is close to completing one the world’s biggest hydro-floatingContinue reading “Earth Day Thailand Solar Farm”
- Vietnam Vaccine Passport Plans Under FireLast week we reported that Quang Nam Province had submitted proposals to the Vietnamese government to allow vaccinated foreignContinue reading “Vietnam Vaccine Passport Plans Under Fire”
- Discover Malaysia With New Online Travel GuidesLankawi, Malaysia credit Jay Tun Tourism Malaysia has launched a series of new online travel guides including a numberContinue reading “Discover Malaysia With New Online Travel Guides”
- New Restrictions in PhuketPhuket, Thailand credit Arkady Lukashov on Unsplash Visitors to Phuket from 18 Red Zone provinces will be required toContinue reading “New Restrictions in Phuket”