An Bang Beach
Probably the best beach in town with lovely white sand and welcoming seas.
Storms and erosion have hit the beach in recent years however.
Japanese Covered Bridge
One of the most pictured attractions in the town, this 12 metre bridge is famous for its carvings and romantic setting.
The bridge was opened in 1719 and restored in 1986.
Hoi An Riverside
Equally as attractive in the day as at night, the Riverside has some wonderful food in restaurants and street stalls, wonderful buildings, scenic river views and an enjoyable, laid-back night-life.
If you need to have a bit more shopping in Hoi An, there is plenty here to keep you occupied as well.
An UNESCO World Heritage Site and often called the Vietnames Angkor Wat.
Home of the Champa Kingdom and spanning eight centuries of ruins, as far back as the 4th century.
There are over 70 temples in what is regarded as one of the most important heritage sites in Vietnam.
Take a Cycle Tour
Hire a bicycle or join a tour and explore the local countryside and villages.
The roads are safe with little traffic and you will get to experience more of local life.
Cua Dai Beach
A 3km stretch of white powder sand next to beautiful blue seas make Cua Dai an excellent choice for a beach escape.
Like An Bang it has suffered from erosion following storms over the past few years.
Get A Suit
Hoi An is world famous for the number and high quality of the local tailors who will have a made-to-measure hand-made suit ready for you in a matter of days.
If you see someone offering an overnight suit, avoid as the quality will be much poorer.
Have patience and buy the best, and one of the cheapest, suits you will ever own.
Take a trip across the river from Hoi An and you will find yourself in An Hoi and the pretty lantern market.
A stunning place to visit at night, with the streets lit up by hundreds of lanterns and of course many opportunities to buy your own.
Phuoc Kien (Fujian) Assembly Hall
Dating back to the 17th century and built by the Fujian Chinese community as a sacred space.
Be careful, legend says that if you pray in the Assembly Hall you will be lucky in conceiving children.
Hoi An is home to a number of markets that will keep you exploring for local goods, handicrafts, food and souvenirs.
Hoi An Central Market could be one of the best markets that you visit in Vietnam and is also home to many local tailors.
People who love to dive or snorkel will love the Cham Islands and the exceptional coral reefs and fish.
Just an hours boat ride from Da Nang, there are a number of operators offering tours to the best spots.
Quan Cong Temple
A beautiful temple dating back to 1653.
A wonderful photo opportunity as you marvel at the temple dedicated to a Chinese General who was revered in Hoi An.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- IATA Calls For European Vaccination CertificateThe International Air Transport Association (IATA) has called for the European Union to support an initiative from Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis,Continue reading “IATA Calls For European Vaccination Certificate”
- Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 5In this, the fifth part in our series of film locations, we We also have films starring Sean Connery, Nicholas Cage andContinue reading “Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 5”
- Tourism Industry Will Closely Monitor Seychelles Quarantine DecisionThe Seychelles News Agency has reported that travellers who have received both doses of a Covid-19 vaccine will now not be requiredContinue reading “Tourism Industry Will Closely Monitor Seychelles Quarantine Decision”
- Thailand Covid Control Measures To Remain Until End Of MonthThe Bangkok Post is this morning reporting that the current Covid-19 control measures will remain in place for the rest of January.Continue reading “Thailand Covid Control Measures To Remain Until End Of Month”
- Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 4In this, the fourth part in our series of film locations, we look at one of the most famous film locations inContinue reading “Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 4”
- Beef PhoPho is an incredibly popular dish throughout Vietnam and is often eaten at all times of the day. It is generally consideredContinue reading “Beef Pho”
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.