An Bang Beach
Probably the best beach in town with lovely white sand and welcoming seas.
Storms and erosion have hit the beach in recent years however.
Japanese Covered Bridge
One of the most pictured attractions in the town, this 12 metre bridge is famous for its carvings and romantic setting.
The bridge was opened in 1719 and restored in 1986.
Hoi An Riverside
Equally as attractive in the day as at night, the Riverside has some wonderful food in restaurants and street stalls, wonderful buildings, scenic river views and an enjoyable, laid-back night-life.
If you need to have a bit more shopping in Hoi An, there is plenty here to keep you occupied as well.
An UNESCO World Heritage Site and often called the Vietnames Angkor Wat.
Home of the Champa Kingdom and spanning eight centuries of ruins, as far back as the 4th century.
There are over 70 temples in what is regarded as one of the most important heritage sites in Vietnam.
Take a Cycle Tour
Hire a bicycle or join a tour and explore the local countryside and villages.
The roads are safe with little traffic and you will get to experience more of local life.
Cua Dai Beach
A 3km stretch of white powder sand next to beautiful blue seas make Cua Dai an excellent choice for a beach escape.
Like An Bang it has suffered from erosion following storms over the past few years.
Get A Suit
Hoi An is world famous for the number and high quality of the local tailors who will have a made-to-measure hand-made suit ready for you in a matter of days.
If you see someone offering an overnight suit, avoid as the quality will be much poorer.
Have patience and buy the best, and one of the cheapest, suits you will ever own.
Take a trip across the river from Hoi An and you will find yourself in An Hoi and the pretty lantern market.
A stunning place to visit at night, with the streets lit up by hundreds of lanterns and of course many opportunities to buy your own.
Phuoc Kien (Fujian) Assembly Hall
Dating back to the 17th century and built by the Fujian Chinese community as a sacred space.
Be careful, legend says that if you pray in the Assembly Hall you will be lucky in conceiving children.
Hoi An is home to a number of markets that will keep you exploring for local goods, handicrafts, food and souvenirs.
Hoi An Central Market could be one of the best markets that you visit in Vietnam and is also home to many local tailors.
People who love to dive or snorkel will love the Cham Islands and the exceptional coral reefs and fish.
Just an hours boat ride from Da Nang, there are a number of operators offering tours to the best spots.
Quan Cong Temple
A beautiful temple dating back to 1653.
A wonderful photo opportunity as you marvel at the temple dedicated to a Chinese General who was revered in Hoi An.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Bali Among Indonesia Winners In World Travel AwardsThe Asia category of the 2021 World Travel Awards have been announced and Indonesia resorts and hotels have picked up a numberContinue reading “Bali Among Indonesia Winners In World Travel Awards”
- Phu Quoc To Welcome Foreign Tourists From NovemberOfficials in Vietnam have confirmed that they plan to reopen Phu Quoc island to fully vaccinated foreign travellers from late November. MainContinue reading “Phu Quoc To Welcome Foreign Tourists From November”
- Thailand Winners In World Travel AwardsThe Asia category of the 2021 World Travel Awards have been announced and a number of Thailand hotels have picked up awards.Continue reading “Thailand Winners In World Travel Awards”
- Southeast Asia Airlines Win AwardsThe Asia category of the 2021 World Travel Awards have been announced and a number of Southeast Asia airlines have picked upContinue reading “Southeast Asia Airlines Win Awards”
- Singapore To Begin Travel Bubble With AustraliaSingapore is planning to announce a travel bubble with Australia as early as next week to allow some travellers to visit quarantine-freeContinue reading “Singapore To Begin Travel Bubble With Australia”
- Thailand Confirms Massive Tourism ChangesThe Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) have today confirmed that Thailand will welcome fully vaccinated foreign visitors arriving by air from 46Continue reading “Thailand Confirms Massive Tourism Changes”
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.