The location of the Battle of Hue, one of the longest and bloodiest battles of the American – Vietnam War but also home to ruins dating back to the 4th century and 19th century citadel.
Dry season runs from February to July. On average March is the driest month with 43mm of rainfall over 10 days, July averages less wet days (8) but more actual rain (92mm).
January (126mm and 14 days) and August (117mm and 11 days) are transitional months.
Rainfall increases rapidly in September, averaging 394mm of rain over 15 days. October (757mm) and november (621mm) are the wettest months with around 21 wet days.
December to February are the coolest months with average high temperatures around 24°C/75°F. temperatures then steadily increase with June to August being the hottest months with average highs of 34°C/93°F.
Humidity throughout the year ranges from around 73% (July) to 89% (December to February).
Vietnam Airlines are the only airline flying direct from the UK to Vietnam, with flights to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. Connections are then available to the closest airport at Da Nang
Probably the best way of getting around town, and the nearby countryside, is on a bicycle. There are plenty of hire shops in town and many hotels also have bikes to loan or hire to residents.
Taxi – Available in most area, ensure that the driver uses the meter.
Cyclo – A three wheeled bicycle where you travel in a seat in front of the driver. Popular in tourist areas and a great way to see some of the city centre attractions. Make sure that you agree a price before your trip.
Find out about where to stay in Hue.
Photo credit Long Nguyen on Unsplash
Temples and Pagoda to cruising or walking alongside the Perfume River.
Photo credit Khoi Nguyen on Unsplash
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Bali Among Indonesia Winners In World Travel AwardsThe Asia category of the 2021 World Travel Awards have been announced and Indonesia resorts and hotels have pickedContinue reading “Bali Among Indonesia Winners In World Travel Awards”
- Phu Quoc To Welcome Foreign Tourists From NovemberOfficials in Vietnam have confirmed that they plan to reopen Phu Quoc island to fully vaccinated foreign travellers fromContinue reading “Phu Quoc To Welcome Foreign Tourists From November”
- Thailand Winners In World Travel AwardsThe Asia category of the 2021 World Travel Awards have been announced and a number of Thailand hotels haveContinue reading “Thailand Winners In World Travel Awards”
- Southeast Asia Airlines Win AwardsThe Asia category of the 2021 World Travel Awards have been announced and a number of Southeast Asia airlinesContinue reading “Southeast Asia Airlines Win Awards”
- Singapore To Begin Travel Bubble With AustraliaSingapore is planning to announce a travel bubble with Australia as early as next week to allow some travellersContinue reading “Singapore To Begin Travel Bubble With Australia”
- Thailand Confirms Massive Tourism ChangesThe Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) have today confirmed that Thailand will welcome fully vaccinated foreign visitors arriving byContinue reading “Thailand Confirms Massive Tourism Changes”
- Malaysia Hoping To Reopen To Foreign Tourists In NovemberMalaysian Tourism Minister, Nancy Shukri, has said that she hopes that the country can begin to welcome back foreignContinue reading “Malaysia Hoping To Reopen To Foreign Tourists In November”
- Vietnam Wins Leading Destination Award For AsiaThe winners of the highly prestigious World Travel Awards 2021 – Asia, have been announced and Vietnam has takenContinue reading “Vietnam Wins Leading Destination Award For Asia”
- Bangkok Prepares To Welcome Back Quarantine Free TouristsBangkok is scheduled to reopen to travellers for quarantine-free travel from 1st November and preparations are underway to preventContinue reading “Bangkok Prepares To Welcome Back Quarantine Free Tourists”