Due to the relatively short distances many of the attractions in Da Nang are also suitable for visitors to Hue.
Hue Imperial City
Dating back to the early 19th century the Imperial City is home to many monuments and must-see attractions including temples, pagodas and the Forbidden Purple City.
A UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Thien Mu Pagoda
Sitting on top of a hill just outside of Hue and offering wonderful views over the Perfume River and Hue itself, the pagoda includes a wonderful 21 metre tall tower and many sculptures.
Thanh Toan Bridge
A wooden footbridge featuring Chinese and Japanese motifs and carvings of sacred animals. Similar to the Japanese Covered Bridge in Hoi An.
Huyen Tran Princess Temple
A complex that includes orchid gardens, lotus lakes and Emperor Tran Nhan Tong’s monastery.
Ming Mang Tomb
Built during the Nguyen Dynasty (1842) comprising around 40 buildings including temples and pavilions. Around 30 minutes drive from Hue.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- IATA Calls For European Vaccination CertificateThe International Air Transport Association (IATA) has called for the European Union to support an initiative from Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis,Continue reading “IATA Calls For European Vaccination Certificate”
- Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 5In this, the fifth part in our series of film locations, we We also have films starring Sean Connery, Nicholas Cage andContinue reading “Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 5”
- Tourism Industry Will Closely Monitor Seychelles Quarantine DecisionThe Seychelles News Agency has reported that travellers who have received both doses of a Covid-19 vaccine will now not be requiredContinue reading “Tourism Industry Will Closely Monitor Seychelles Quarantine Decision”
- Thailand Covid Control Measures To Remain Until End Of MonthThe Bangkok Post is this morning reporting that the current Covid-19 control measures will remain in place for the rest of January.Continue reading “Thailand Covid Control Measures To Remain Until End Of Month”
- Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 4In this, the fourth part in our series of film locations, we look at one of the most famous film locations inContinue reading “Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 4”
- Beef PhoPho is an incredibly popular dish throughout Vietnam and is often eaten at all times of the day. It is generally consideredContinue reading “Beef Pho”