Due to the relatively short distances many of the attractions in Da Nang are also suitable for visitors to Hue.
Hue Imperial City
Dating back to the early 19th century the Imperial City is home to many monuments and must-see attractions including temples, pagodas and the Forbidden Purple City.
A UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Thien Mu Pagoda
Sitting on top of a hill just outside of Hue and offering wonderful views over the Perfume River and Hue itself, the pagoda includes a wonderful 21 metre tall tower and many sculptures.
Thanh Toan Bridge
A wooden footbridge featuring Chinese and Japanese motifs and carvings of sacred animals. Similar to the Japanese Covered Bridge in Hoi An.
Huyen Tran Princess Temple
A complex that includes orchid gardens, lotus lakes and Emperor Tran Nhan Tong’s monastery.
Ming Mang Tomb
Built during the Nguyen Dynasty (1842) comprising around 40 buildings including temples and pavilions. Around 30 minutes drive from Hue.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- The Effect of COVID-19 on International Tourism in ThailandInternational Arrivals in Thailand are down by 75% so far in 2020 as the continued COVID-19 pandemic and the associated lockdown continuesContinue reading “The Effect of COVID-19 on International Tourism in Thailand”
- International Tourism May Not Recover Until 2022Tourism in Southeast Asia has been hit particularly hard by the COVID-19 pandemic with international arrivals down by 74% in the firstContinue reading “International Tourism May Not Recover Until 2022”
- Live Music BarsMy favourite pictures #10 I love live music. Preferably in small venues or bars rather than stadiums or Arenas. At a gigContinue reading “Live Music Bars”
- 35 Die in Central Vietnam After Typhoon MolaveAt least 35 people have died and 59 are missing as Typhoon Molave hit Central Vietnam on Wednesday (28th October), the fourthContinue reading “35 Die in Central Vietnam After Typhoon Molave”
- Andaman SeaMy favourite pictures #9 I have always loved water. My fearless antics around swimming pools as a 2 year old scared myContinue reading “Andaman Sea”
- Typhoon Molave Batters Central VietnamTyphoon Molave, believed to be the most powerful storm to hit Vietnam in the last 20 years, made landfall just south ofContinue reading “Typhoon Molave Batters Central Vietnam”