Due to the relatively short distances many of the attractions in Da Nang are also suitable for visitors to Hue.
Hue Imperial City
Dating back to the early 19th century the Imperial City is home to many monuments and must-see attractions including temples, pagodas and the Forbidden Purple City.
A UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Thien Mu Pagoda
Sitting on top of a hill just outside of Hue and offering wonderful views over the Perfume River and Hue itself, the pagoda includes a wonderful 21 metre tall tower and many sculptures.
Thanh Toan Bridge
A wooden footbridge featuring Chinese and Japanese motifs and carvings of sacred animals. Similar to the Japanese Covered Bridge in Hoi An.
Huyen Tran Princess Temple
A complex that includes orchid gardens, lotus lakes and Emperor Tran Nhan Tong’s monastery.
Ming Mang Tomb
Built during the Nguyen Dynasty (1842) comprising around 40 buildings including temples and pavilions. Around 30 minutes drive from Hue.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Vietnam Planning Travel CorridorsEarlier this week the first domestic Malaysian tourists arrived in Langkawi as it started to reopen for travel. Now Vietnam is planningContinue reading “Vietnam Planning Travel Corridors”
- Malaysia Thailand And Vietnam Get New UNESCO Biosphere ReservesThe United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has announced a number of new Biosphere Reserves in Southeast Asia that areContinue reading “Malaysia Thailand And Vietnam Get New UNESCO Biosphere Reserves”
- First Tourists Land In Langkawi Malaysia[Reuters] The first plane carrying tourists in more than four months touched down on the Malaysian island of Langkawi on Thursday andContinue reading “First Tourists Land In Langkawi Malaysia”
- Bangkok Tourism Restart DelayThe chaotic restart of tourism in Thailand continues as the on-off reopening of Bangkok is delayed. Main picture boats on the ChaoContinue reading “Bangkok Tourism Restart Delay”
- Top Things To Do In The Andaman And Nicobar IslandsIn this guest post from Unnati Khandelwal from Banbanjara we look at the delights of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands which althoughContinue reading “Top Things To Do In The Andaman And Nicobar Islands”
- Langkawi Starts Tourism Reopening[Reuters] Businesses at Malaysia’s prime holiday destination are gearing up to welcome the return of tourists this week, as the country takesContinue reading “Langkawi Starts Tourism Reopening”