Due to the relatively short distances many of the attractions in Da Nang are also suitable for visitors to Hue.
Hue Imperial City
Dating back to the early 19th century the Imperial City is home to many monuments and must-see attractions including temples, pagodas and the Forbidden Purple City.
A UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Thien Mu Pagoda
Sitting on top of a hill just outside of Hue and offering wonderful views over the Perfume River and Hue itself, the pagoda includes a wonderful 21 metre tall tower and many sculptures.
Thanh Toan Bridge
A wooden footbridge featuring Chinese and Japanese motifs and carvings of sacred animals. Similar to the Japanese Covered Bridge in Hoi An.
Huyen Tran Princess Temple
A complex that includes orchid gardens, lotus lakes and Emperor Tran Nhan Tong’s monastery.
Ming Mang Tomb
Built during the Nguyen Dynasty (1842) comprising around 40 buildings including temples and pavilions. Around 30 minutes drive from Hue.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Earth Day Southeast AsiaPhilippines credit EU Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Today is Earth Day and we are closely following developments and how they relateContinue reading “Earth Day Southeast Asia”
- Earth Day Philippines Face Mask PollutionCredit Ani Kolleshi on Unsplash Face masks are essential in helping to curb the spread of Covid-19 but the increased use ofContinue reading “Earth Day Philippines Face Mask Pollution”
- Earth Day Thailand Solar FarmSirindhorn Dam project credit Electricity Generation Authority of Thailand Thailand is close to completing one the world’s biggest hydro-floating solar hybrid projectsContinue reading “Earth Day Thailand Solar Farm”
- Vietnam Vaccine Passport Plans Under FireLast week we reported that Quang Nam Province had submitted proposals to the Vietnamese government to allow vaccinated foreign travellers to theContinue reading “Vietnam Vaccine Passport Plans Under Fire”
- Discover Malaysia With New Online Travel GuidesLankawi, Malaysia credit Jay Tun Tourism Malaysia has launched a series of new online travel guides including a number of video guides.Continue reading “Discover Malaysia With New Online Travel Guides”
- New Restrictions in PhuketPhuket, Thailand credit Arkady Lukashov on Unsplash Visitors to Phuket from 18 Red Zone provinces will be required to show proof thatContinue reading “New Restrictions in Phuket”