Vietnam has a number of excellent dive sites and Nha Trang has some of the best of them.
Most diving will take place in Hon Mun Marine Protected Area around 40 minutes from Cau Da Port although Whale Island is a quieter option.
There are a range of dive sites suitable for all standards and experience of divers from complete beginners to experts.
Best water temperatures and visibility are generally between April and August although conditions can be excellent all year round.
Po Nagar Cham Temple
Built by the Cham people between the 8th and 11th centuries.
The temple was built to honour Po Nagar “the mother of the country”.
National Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam
Housing plenty of live exhibits alongside many preserved specimens of local marine life.
The aquarium include sharks, turtles, scorpion fish, lion fish and much more.
Nha Trang Cathedral
Built in the early 19th century in a French Gothic style, the cathedral continues to serve the local Catholic community.
A beautiful cathedral both inside and out which has plenty of excellent photo opportunities.
Take a Cycle Tour
An excellent way of seeing the local countryside and a number of the main attractions in the area is to join a cycle tour.
A good tour will take in local villages as well as Nha Trang Cathedral, Po Nagar and Long Son.
There are a number of excellent local island tours that will spend the day cruising along the local sites and include snorkeling and lunch
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- 35 Die in Central Vietnam After Typhoon MolaveAt least 35 people have died and 59 are missing as Typhoon Molave hit Central Vietnam on Wednesday (28th October), the fourthContinue reading “35 Die in Central Vietnam After Typhoon Molave”
- Andaman SeaMy favourite pictures #9 I have always loved water. My fearless antics around swimming pools as a 2 year old scared myContinue reading “Andaman Sea”
- Typhoon Molave Batters Central VietnamTyphoon Molave, believed to be the most powerful storm to hit Vietnam in the last 20 years, made landfall just south ofContinue reading “Typhoon Molave Batters Central Vietnam”
- SongthaewMy favourite pictures #8 I have ridden in many a Songthaew over the years. We have hailed them from the side ofContinue reading “Songthaew”
- Threat to Komodo Dragon by “Jurassic Park”Protests against an Indonesian government backed scheme to promote tourism on Rinca Island, dubbed “Jurassic Park” have intensified following the publication ofContinue reading “Threat to Komodo Dragon by “Jurassic Park””
- Street FoodMy favourite pictures #7 I love street food. This picture sums up everything that is good about street food for me. WanderContinue reading “Street Food”