Vietnam has a number of excellent dive sites and Nha Trang has some of the best of them.
Most diving will take place in Hon Mun Marine Protected Area around 40 minutes from Cau Da Port although Whale Island is a quieter option.
There are a range of dive sites suitable for all standards and experience of divers from complete beginners to experts.
Best water temperatures and visibility are generally between April and August although conditions can be excellent all year round.
Po Nagar Cham Temple
Built by the Cham people between the 8th and 11th centuries.
The temple was built to honour Po Nagar “the mother of the country”.
National Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam
Housing plenty of live exhibits alongside many preserved specimens of local marine life.
The aquarium include sharks, turtles, scorpion fish, lion fish and much more.
Nha Trang Cathedral
Built in the early 19th century in a French Gothic style, the cathedral continues to serve the local Catholic community.
A beautiful cathedral both inside and out which has plenty of excellent photo opportunities.
Take a Cycle Tour
An excellent way of seeing the local countryside and a number of the main attractions in the area is to join a cycle tour.
A good tour will take in local villages as well as Nha Trang Cathedral, Po Nagar and Long Son.
There are a number of excellent local island tours that will spend the day cruising along the local sites and include snorkeling and lunch
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 25th JulyThis week we have some incredible pictures and videos from throughout Southeast Asia, celebrating the landscapes, wildlife, monuments, beaches and much moreContinue reading “Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 25th July”
- Man With Covid Boards Flight Disguised As WifeA man in Indonesia disguised himself as his wife to board a domestic flight, despite having tested for Covid-19. Main picture wingletContinue reading “Man With Covid Boards Flight Disguised As Wife”
- Phuket Sandbox Tourism Extension Given ApprovalThe Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has reported today that the Thailand Centre for Economic Situation Administration (CESA) has approved, in principle,Continue reading “Phuket Sandbox Tourism Extension Given Approval”
- Hua Hin Tourism Reopening DelayedEarlier this month Hua Hin in Thailand announced plans for a 1st October reopening for tourists called “Hua Hin Recharge.” Leaders ofContinue reading “Hua Hin Tourism Reopening Delayed”
- Thai Airlines Under Threat As Domestic Flights CancelledIncreasing cases of Covid-19, especially in Bangkok and surrounding provinces, and a slow vaccination rate has led to Civil Aviation Authority ofContinue reading “Thai Airlines Under Threat As Domestic Flights Cancelled”
- New Thailand Tourism Sandbox PlannedOn 1st July the Phuket Sandbox opened, allowing fully vaccinated travellers to visit the Thai island without the need to quarantine. OnContinue reading “New Thailand Tourism Sandbox Planned”