Vietnam has a number of excellent dive sites and Nha Trang has some of the best of them.
Most diving will take place in Hon Mun Marine Protected Area around 40 minutes from Cau Da Port although Whale Island is a quieter option.
There are a range of dive sites suitable for all standards and experience of divers from complete beginners to experts.
Best water temperatures and visibility are generally between April and August although conditions can be excellent all year round.
Po Nagar Cham Temple
Built by the Cham people between the 8th and 11th centuries.
The temple was built to honour Po Nagar “the mother of the country”.
National Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam
Housing plenty of live exhibits alongside many preserved specimens of local marine life.
The aquarium include sharks, turtles, scorpion fish, lion fish and much more.
Nha Trang Cathedral
Built in the early 19th century in a French Gothic style, the cathedral continues to serve the local Catholic community.
A beautiful cathedral both inside and out which has plenty of excellent photo opportunities.
Take a Cycle Tour
An excellent way of seeing the local countryside and a number of the main attractions in the area is to join a cycle tour.
A good tour will take in local villages as well as Nha Trang Cathedral, Po Nagar and Long Son.
There are a number of excellent local island tours that will spend the day cruising along the local sites and include snorkeling and lunch
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Earth Day Southeast AsiaPhilippines credit EU Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Today is Earth Day and we are closely following developments and how they relateContinue reading “Earth Day Southeast Asia”
- Earth Day Philippines Face Mask PollutionCredit Ani Kolleshi on Unsplash Face masks are essential in helping to curb the spread of Covid-19 but the increased use ofContinue reading “Earth Day Philippines Face Mask Pollution”
- Earth Day Thailand Solar FarmSirindhorn Dam project credit Electricity Generation Authority of Thailand Thailand is close to completing one the world’s biggest hydro-floating solar hybrid projectsContinue reading “Earth Day Thailand Solar Farm”
- Vietnam Vaccine Passport Plans Under FireLast week we reported that Quang Nam Province had submitted proposals to the Vietnamese government to allow vaccinated foreign travellers to theContinue reading “Vietnam Vaccine Passport Plans Under Fire”
- Discover Malaysia With New Online Travel GuidesLankawi, Malaysia credit Jay Tun Tourism Malaysia has launched a series of new online travel guides including a number of video guides.Continue reading “Discover Malaysia With New Online Travel Guides”
- New Restrictions in PhuketPhuket, Thailand credit Arkady Lukashov on Unsplash Visitors to Phuket from 18 Red Zone provinces will be required to show proof thatContinue reading “New Restrictions in Phuket”