Phan Thiet and Mui Ne
Phan Thiet can refer to the city by that name or the larger area which includes a number of fishing villages including Mui Ne.
Home to a number of beautiful beaches the area is popular with Vietnamese and foreign tourists alike with excellent links to Ho Chi Minh City.
Phan Thiet and Mui Ne has two main seasons, Dry season runs from December to March and the Wet season is May to October. April and November tend to be transitional months.
Temperatures are fairly consistent all year-round with average highs between 29°C/84°F and 32°C/90°F (April, May and June) tend to be the hottest months) and average lows between 22°C/72°F and 26°C/79°F.
In Dry season January to March average less than 1 wet day per month and even that will be very light. December has just 3 wet days and 20mm of rain on average.
April (3.5 wet days) and November (7 wet days) average 30mm and 58mm rainfall respectively as the seasons transition from dry to wet and vice versa.
Rainfall rapidly increases in May which can see around 13 wet days and 136mm rainfall until the wettest month, September with 17 wet days and around 192mm of rainfall.
Humidity throughout the year ranges from around 74% (January) to 84% (September).
Vietnam Airlines are the only airline flying direct from the UK to Vietnam, with flights to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
Most people will get to Phan Thiet and Mui Ne by train or road from Ho Chi Minh City.
Phan Thiet sits on the main Vietnam North – South Railway with regular trains arriving from other stops on the line including Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang etc. Read about the Reunification Express.
Road connections from Ho Chi Minh City take around 4 hours.
The majority of resorts are located within a short walk from the main local sights including beaches, restaurants and bars. There are a number of options if you do want to venture further afield.
Taxi – Available in most resorts and tourist locations. Most taxis should have and use meters. Many drivers can speak at least some English.
Xe Om (motorcycle taxi) – An excellent way of exploring but expect to bargain hard for a price which can fluctuate depending on the time of day, distance and weather.
Find out about where to stay in Phan Thiet and Mui Ne.
Photo credit Arvydas Arnasius on Unsplash
Beach life rules supreme, whether that is sunbathing, exploring the dunes or enjoying watersports and kite surfing.
Photo credit Ameya Sawant on Unsplash
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Earth Day Southeast AsiaPhilippines credit EU Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Today is Earth Day and we are closely following developments andContinue reading “Earth Day Southeast Asia”
- Earth Day Philippines Face Mask PollutionCredit Ani Kolleshi on Unsplash Face masks are essential in helping to curb the spread of Covid-19 but theContinue reading “Earth Day Philippines Face Mask Pollution”
- Earth Day Thailand Solar FarmSirindhorn Dam project credit Electricity Generation Authority of Thailand Thailand is close to completing one the world’s biggest hydro-floatingContinue reading “Earth Day Thailand Solar Farm”
- Vietnam Vaccine Passport Plans Under FireLast week we reported that Quang Nam Province had submitted proposals to the Vietnamese government to allow vaccinated foreignContinue reading “Vietnam Vaccine Passport Plans Under Fire”
- Discover Malaysia With New Online Travel GuidesLankawi, Malaysia credit Jay Tun Tourism Malaysia has launched a series of new online travel guides including a numberContinue reading “Discover Malaysia With New Online Travel Guides”
- New Restrictions in PhuketPhuket, Thailand credit Arkady Lukashov on Unsplash Visitors to Phuket from 18 Red Zone provinces will be required toContinue reading “New Restrictions in Phuket”
- Thai Hotels Closing During Low SeasonKrabi, Thailand credit Andreas M on Unsplash The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic is forcing many hotels in Thailand to considerContinue reading “Thai Hotels Closing During Low Season”
- Plans For Direct Flights Between Vietnam And USABamboo Airways plane credit Melvinnnnnnnn on flickr The ambitious expansion plans of Bamboo Airways conitue following news that itContinue reading “Plans For Direct Flights Between Vietnam And USA”
- No Recovery in Sight For Tourism In MalaysiaMalaysia credit Ishan Seefromthesky on Unsplash A tourism expert has predicted that Malaysia may see only 132,000 foreign touristsContinue reading “No Recovery in Sight For Tourism In Malaysia”