Phan Thiet and Mui Ne
Phan Thiet can refer to the city by that name or the larger area which includes a number of fishing villages including Mui Ne.
Home to a number of beautiful beaches the area is popular with Vietnamese and foreign tourists alike with excellent links to Ho Chi Minh City.
Phan Thiet and Mui Ne has two main seasons, Dry season runs from December to March and the Wet season is May to October. April and November tend to be transitional months.
Temperatures are fairly consistent all year-round with average highs between 29°C/84°F and 32°C/90°F (April, May and June) tend to be the hottest months) and average lows between 22°C/72°F and 26°C/79°F.
In Dry season January to March average less than 1 wet day per month and even that will be very light. December has just 3 wet days and 20mm of rain on average.
April (3.5 wet days) and November (7 wet days) average 30mm and 58mm rainfall respectively as the seasons transition from dry to wet and vice versa.
Rainfall rapidly increases in May which can see around 13 wet days and 136mm rainfall until the wettest month, September with 17 wet days and around 192mm of rainfall.
Humidity throughout the year ranges from around 74% (January) to 84% (September).
Vietnam Airlines are the only airline flying direct from the UK to Vietnam, with flights to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
Most people will get to Phan Thiet and Mui Ne by train or road from Ho Chi Minh City.
Phan Thiet sits on the main Vietnam North – South Railway with regular trains arriving from other stops on the line including Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang etc. Read about the Reunification Express.
Road connections from Ho Chi Minh City take around 4 hours.
The majority of resorts are located within a short walk from the main local sights including beaches, restaurants and bars. There are a number of options if you do want to venture further afield.
Taxi – Available in most resorts and tourist locations. Most taxis should have and use meters. Many drivers can speak at least some English.
Xe Om (motorcycle taxi) – An excellent way of exploring but expect to bargain hard for a price which can fluctuate depending on the time of day, distance and weather.
Find out about where to stay in Phan Thiet and Mui Ne.
Photo credit Arvydas Arnasius on Unsplash
Beach life rules supreme, whether that is sunbathing, exploring the dunes or enjoying watersports and kite surfing.
Photo credit Ameya Sawant on Unsplash
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Bali Among Indonesia Winners In World Travel AwardsThe Asia category of the 2021 World Travel Awards have been announced and Indonesia resorts and hotels have pickedContinue reading “Bali Among Indonesia Winners In World Travel Awards”
- Phu Quoc To Welcome Foreign Tourists From NovemberOfficials in Vietnam have confirmed that they plan to reopen Phu Quoc island to fully vaccinated foreign travellers fromContinue reading “Phu Quoc To Welcome Foreign Tourists From November”
- Thailand Winners In World Travel AwardsThe Asia category of the 2021 World Travel Awards have been announced and a number of Thailand hotels haveContinue reading “Thailand Winners In World Travel Awards”
- Southeast Asia Airlines Win AwardsThe Asia category of the 2021 World Travel Awards have been announced and a number of Southeast Asia airlinesContinue reading “Southeast Asia Airlines Win Awards”
- Singapore To Begin Travel Bubble With AustraliaSingapore is planning to announce a travel bubble with Australia as early as next week to allow some travellersContinue reading “Singapore To Begin Travel Bubble With Australia”
- Thailand Confirms Massive Tourism ChangesThe Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) have today confirmed that Thailand will welcome fully vaccinated foreign visitors arriving byContinue reading “Thailand Confirms Massive Tourism Changes”
- Malaysia Hoping To Reopen To Foreign Tourists In NovemberMalaysian Tourism Minister, Nancy Shukri, has said that she hopes that the country can begin to welcome back foreignContinue reading “Malaysia Hoping To Reopen To Foreign Tourists In November”
- Vietnam Wins Leading Destination Award For AsiaThe winners of the highly prestigious World Travel Awards 2021 – Asia, have been announced and Vietnam has takenContinue reading “Vietnam Wins Leading Destination Award For Asia”
- Bangkok Prepares To Welcome Back Quarantine Free TouristsBangkok is scheduled to reopen to travellers for quarantine-free travel from 1st November and preparations are underway to preventContinue reading “Bangkok Prepares To Welcome Back Quarantine Free Tourists”