Phan Thiet and Mui Ne
Phan Thiet can refer to the city by that name or the larger area which includes a number of fishing villages including Mui Ne.
Home to a number of beautiful beaches the area is popular with Vietnamese and foreign tourists alike with excellent links to Ho Chi Minh City.
Phan Thiet and Mui Ne has two main seasons, Dry season runs from December to March and the Wet season is May to October. April and November tend to be transitional months.
Temperatures are fairly consistent all year-round with average highs between 29°C/84°F and 32°C/90°F (April, May and June) tend to be the hottest months) and average lows between 22°C/72°F and 26°C/79°F.
In Dry season January to March average less than 1 wet day per month and even that will be very light. December has just 3 wet days and 20mm of rain on average.
April (3.5 wet days) and November (7 wet days) average 30mm and 58mm rainfall respectively as the seasons transition from dry to wet and vice versa.
Rainfall rapidly increases in May which can see around 13 wet days and 136mm rainfall until the wettest month, September with 17 wet days and around 192mm of rainfall.
Humidity throughout the year ranges from around 74% (January) to 84% (September).
Vietnam Airlines are the only airline flying direct from the UK to Vietnam, with flights to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
Most people will get to Phan Thiet and Mui Ne by train or road from Ho Chi Minh City.
Phan Thiet sits on the main Vietnam North – South Railway with regular trains arriving from other stops on the line including Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang etc. Read about the Reunification Express.
Road connections from Ho Chi Minh City take around 4 hours.
The majority of resorts are located within a short walk from the main local sights including beaches, restaurants and bars. There are a number of options if you do want to venture further afield.
Taxi – Available in most resorts and tourist locations. Most taxis should have and use meters. Many drivers can speak at least some English.
Xe Om (motorcycle taxi) – An excellent way of exploring but expect to bargain hard for a price which can fluctuate depending on the time of day, distance and weather.
Find out about where to stay in Phan Thiet and Mui Ne.
Photo credit Arvydas Arnasius on Unsplash
Beach life rules supreme, whether that is sunbathing, exploring the dunes or enjoying watersports and kite surfing.
Photo credit Ameya Sawant on Unsplash
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- WTTC Publishes Health and Safety Guidelines For The Travel and Tourism SectorThe World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) has today published major guidelines in association with The Institution of OccupationalContinue reading “WTTC Publishes Health and Safety Guidelines For The Travel and Tourism Sector”
- Singapore Introduces Chinese New Year RestrictionsThe Singapore government has announced measures for the Chinese New Year period in an attempt to reduce the riskContinue reading “Singapore Introduces Chinese New Year Restrictions”
- IATA Calls For European Vaccination CertificateThe International Air Transport Association (IATA) has called for the European Union to support an initiative from Greek PrimeContinue reading “IATA Calls For European Vaccination Certificate”
- Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 5In this, the fifth part in our series of film locations, we We also have films starring Sean Connery,Continue reading “Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 5”
- Tourism Industry Will Closely Monitor Seychelles Quarantine DecisionThe Seychelles News Agency has reported that travellers who have received both doses of a Covid-19 vaccine will nowContinue reading “Tourism Industry Will Closely Monitor Seychelles Quarantine Decision”
- Thailand Covid Control Measures To Remain Until End Of MonthThe Bangkok Post is this morning reporting that the current Covid-19 control measures will remain in place for theContinue reading “Thailand Covid Control Measures To Remain Until End Of Month”
- Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 4In this, the fourth part in our series of film locations, we look at one of the most famousContinue reading “Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 4”
- Beef PhoPho is an incredibly popular dish throughout Vietnam and is often eaten at all times of the day. ItContinue reading “Beef Pho”
- Malaysia Extends Lockdown Following New Covid CasesLast week Malaysia Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin announced that 5 states and 3 federal territories would be placed underContinue reading “Malaysia Extends Lockdown Following New Covid Cases”