Scuba Diving & Snorkeling
Phu Quoc is a good location to learn to scuba dive but less suited for more experienced divers.
The snorkeling is excellent however and there are many boat trips that will include snorkeling or be the focus of the trip.
Phu Quoc Prison
Built in 1949 and used to house North Vietnamese prisoners during the America – Vietnam war.
Declared a national historical site in 1995 it includes a variety of exhibits including torture instruments.
Phu Quoc Night Market
Open every evening in Duong Dong this market has excellent street food, souvenirs and a great atmosphere.
Take the Cable Car
The Phu Quoc cable car runs from the southwestern tip of Phu Quoc at An Thoi to Hon Thom (Pineapple) Island.
The 15 minute trip gives amazing views across the Gulf of Thailand and Phu Quoc itself.
Suoa Tranh Waterfall
Sitting in the jungle this 4 metre tall waterfall has plenty of walking paths, caves and pools to discover and is just a short drive from Duong Dong
Hidden at the far eastern end of Rach Vem Beach is a small beach that is home to red starfish seemingly sunbathing in the shallow water.
Sung Hung Pagoda
Two shrines built in the early 10th century situated in Duong Dong.
Dress appropriately for a temple and you will be rewarded with this beautiful temple, statues and paintings.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 25th JulyThis week we have some incredible pictures and videos from throughout Southeast Asia, celebrating the landscapes, wildlife, monuments, beaches and much moreContinue reading “Southeast Asia Twitter Week In Review 25th July”
- Man With Covid Boards Flight Disguised As WifeA man in Indonesia disguised himself as his wife to board a domestic flight, despite having tested for Covid-19. Main picture wingletContinue reading “Man With Covid Boards Flight Disguised As Wife”
- Phuket Sandbox Tourism Extension Given ApprovalThe Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has reported today that the Thailand Centre for Economic Situation Administration (CESA) has approved, in principle,Continue reading “Phuket Sandbox Tourism Extension Given Approval”
- Hua Hin Tourism Reopening DelayedEarlier this month Hua Hin in Thailand announced plans for a 1st October reopening for tourists called “Hua Hin Recharge.” Leaders ofContinue reading “Hua Hin Tourism Reopening Delayed”
- Thai Airlines Under Threat As Domestic Flights CancelledIncreasing cases of Covid-19, especially in Bangkok and surrounding provinces, and a slow vaccination rate has led to Civil Aviation Authority ofContinue reading “Thai Airlines Under Threat As Domestic Flights Cancelled”
- New Thailand Tourism Sandbox PlannedOn 1st July the Phuket Sandbox opened, allowing fully vaccinated travellers to visit the Thai island without the need to quarantine. OnContinue reading “New Thailand Tourism Sandbox Planned”