Scuba Diving & Snorkeling
Phu Quoc is a good location to learn to scuba dive but less suited for more experienced divers.
The snorkeling is excellent however and there are many boat trips that will include snorkeling or be the focus of the trip.
Phu Quoc Prison
Built in 1949 and used to house North Vietnamese prisoners during the America – Vietnam war.
Declared a national historical site in 1995 it includes a variety of exhibits including torture instruments.
Phu Quoc Night Market
Open every evening in Duong Dong this market has excellent street food, souvenirs and a great atmosphere.
Take the Cable Car
The Phu Quoc cable car runs from the southwestern tip of Phu Quoc at An Thoi to Hon Thom (Pineapple) Island.
The 15 minute trip gives amazing views across the Gulf of Thailand and Phu Quoc itself.
Suoa Tranh Waterfall
Sitting in the jungle this 4 metre tall waterfall has plenty of walking paths, caves and pools to discover and is just a short drive from Duong Dong
Hidden at the far eastern end of Rach Vem Beach is a small beach that is home to red starfish seemingly sunbathing in the shallow water.
Sung Hung Pagoda
Two shrines built in the early 10th century situated in Duong Dong.
Dress appropriately for a temple and you will be rewarded with this beautiful temple, statues and paintings.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Top 8 Romantic Spots In The PhilippinesThe Philippines is the perfect place to escape from the hustle and bustle and connect with each other for a romantic break. MainContinue reading “Top 8 Romantic Spots In The Philippines”
- Singapore Adds More Vaccinated Travel LanesTravellers from 6 more countries will be allowed to visit Singapore under the Vaccinated Travel Lanes (VTL) scheme from the middle ofContinue reading “Singapore Adds More Vaccinated Travel Lanes”
- Philippines Confirms Tourism Opening DateThe Philippines government has announced that it will reopen its borders to tourists from low-risk countries on a trial basis from 1stContinue reading “Philippines Confirms Tourism Opening Date”
- Breaking News – Thailand To End PCR Test On ArrivalThe Thai National Communicable Disease Committee (NCDC) has approved plans that will mean that travellers entering under the Test & Go programmeContinue reading “Breaking News – Thailand To End PCR Test On Arrival”
- Singapore Malaysia Land Border To Reopen[REUTERS] Singapore and Malaysia will next week launch a quarantine-free travel lane at their land border crossing, one of the world’s busiest,Continue reading “Singapore Malaysia Land Border To Reopen”
- Myanmar To Welcome Back Foreign TouristsEarlier this month we reported on plans for Myanmar (previously known as Burma) to reopen some of its land borders prior toContinue reading “Myanmar To Welcome Back Foreign Tourists”