Scuba Diving & Snorkeling
Phu Quoc is a good location to learn to scuba dive but less suited for more experienced divers.
The snorkeling is excellent however and there are many boat trips that will include snorkeling or be the focus of the trip.
Phu Quoc Prison
Built in 1949 and used to house North Vietnamese prisoners during the America – Vietnam war.
Declared a national historical site in 1995 it includes a variety of exhibits including torture instruments.
Phu Quoc Night Market
Open every evening in Duong Dong this market has excellent street food, souvenirs and a great atmosphere.
Take the Cable Car
The Phu Quoc cable car runs from the southwestern tip of Phu Quoc at An Thoi to Hon Thom (Pineapple) Island.
The 15 minute trip gives amazing views across the Gulf of Thailand and Phu Quoc itself.
Suoa Tranh Waterfall
Sitting in the jungle this 4 metre tall waterfall has plenty of walking paths, caves and pools to discover and is just a short drive from Duong Dong
Hidden at the far eastern end of Rach Vem Beach is a small beach that is home to red starfish seemingly sunbathing in the shallow water.
Sung Hung Pagoda
Two shrines built in the early 10th century situated in Duong Dong.
Dress appropriately for a temple and you will be rewarded with this beautiful temple, statues and paintings.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- Earth Day Southeast AsiaPhilippines credit EU Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Today is Earth Day and we are closely following developments and how they relateContinue reading “Earth Day Southeast Asia”
- Earth Day Philippines Face Mask PollutionCredit Ani Kolleshi on Unsplash Face masks are essential in helping to curb the spread of Covid-19 but the increased use ofContinue reading “Earth Day Philippines Face Mask Pollution”
- Earth Day Thailand Solar FarmSirindhorn Dam project credit Electricity Generation Authority of Thailand Thailand is close to completing one the world’s biggest hydro-floating solar hybrid projectsContinue reading “Earth Day Thailand Solar Farm”
- Vietnam Vaccine Passport Plans Under FireLast week we reported that Quang Nam Province had submitted proposals to the Vietnamese government to allow vaccinated foreign travellers to theContinue reading “Vietnam Vaccine Passport Plans Under Fire”
- Discover Malaysia With New Online Travel GuidesLankawi, Malaysia credit Jay Tun Tourism Malaysia has launched a series of new online travel guides including a number of video guides.Continue reading “Discover Malaysia With New Online Travel Guides”
- New Restrictions in PhuketPhuket, Thailand credit Arkady Lukashov on Unsplash Visitors to Phuket from 18 Red Zone provinces will be required to show proof thatContinue reading “New Restrictions in Phuket”