Scuba Diving & Snorkeling
Phu Quoc is a good location to learn to scuba dive but less suited for more experienced divers.
The snorkeling is excellent however and there are many boat trips that will include snorkeling or be the focus of the trip.
Phu Quoc Prison
Built in 1949 and used to house North Vietnamese prisoners during the America – Vietnam war.
Declared a national historical site in 1995 it includes a variety of exhibits including torture instruments.
Phu Quoc Night Market
Open every evening in Duong Dong this market has excellent street food, souvenirs and a great atmosphere.
Take the Cable Car
The Phu Quoc cable car runs from the southwestern tip of Phu Quoc at An Thoi to Hon Thom (Pineapple) Island.
The 15 minute trip gives amazing views across the Gulf of Thailand and Phu Quoc itself.
Suoa Tranh Waterfall
Sitting in the jungle this 4 metre tall waterfall has plenty of walking paths, caves and pools to discover and is just a short drive from Duong Dong
Hidden at the far eastern end of Rach Vem Beach is a small beach that is home to red starfish seemingly sunbathing in the shallow water.
Sung Hung Pagoda
Two shrines built in the early 10th century situated in Duong Dong.
Dress appropriately for a temple and you will be rewarded with this beautiful temple, statues and paintings.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- IATA Calls For European Vaccination CertificateThe International Air Transport Association (IATA) has called for the European Union to support an initiative from Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis,Continue reading “IATA Calls For European Vaccination Certificate”
- Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 5In this, the fifth part in our series of film locations, we We also have films starring Sean Connery, Nicholas Cage andContinue reading “Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 5”
- Tourism Industry Will Closely Monitor Seychelles Quarantine DecisionThe Seychelles News Agency has reported that travellers who have received both doses of a Covid-19 vaccine will now not be requiredContinue reading “Tourism Industry Will Closely Monitor Seychelles Quarantine Decision”
- Thailand Covid Control Measures To Remain Until End Of MonthThe Bangkok Post is this morning reporting that the current Covid-19 control measures will remain in place for the rest of January.Continue reading “Thailand Covid Control Measures To Remain Until End Of Month”
- Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 4In this, the fourth part in our series of film locations, we look at one of the most famous film locations inContinue reading “Film Locations in Southeast Asia Part 4”
- Beef PhoPho is an incredibly popular dish throughout Vietnam and is often eaten at all times of the day. It is generally consideredContinue reading “Beef Pho”