Scuba Diving & Snorkeling
Phu Quoc is a good location to learn to scuba dive but less suited for more experienced divers.
The snorkeling is excellent however and there are many boat trips that will include snorkeling or be the focus of the trip.
Phu Quoc Prison
Built in 1949 and used to house North Vietnamese prisoners during the America – Vietnam war.
Declared a national historical site in 1995 it includes a variety of exhibits including torture instruments.
Phu Quoc Night Market
Open every evening in Duong Dong this market has excellent street food, souvenirs and a great atmosphere.
Take the Cable Car
The Phu Quoc cable car runs from the southwestern tip of Phu Quoc at An Thoi to Hon Thom (Pineapple) Island.
The 15 minute trip gives amazing views across the Gulf of Thailand and Phu Quoc itself.
Suoa Tranh Waterfall
Sitting in the jungle this 4 metre tall waterfall has plenty of walking paths, caves and pools to discover and is just a short drive from Duong Dong
Hidden at the far eastern end of Rach Vem Beach is a small beach that is home to red starfish seemingly sunbathing in the shallow water.
Sung Hung Pagoda
Two shrines built in the early 10th century situated in Duong Dong.
Dress appropriately for a temple and you will be rewarded with this beautiful temple, statues and paintings.
Advertising and affiliate links help to support this site. We never tailor content to encourage sales with a particular company. We only partner with organisations who we believe provide a good service or product. Thank you.
- 35 Die in Central Vietnam After Typhoon MolaveAt least 35 people have died and 59 are missing as Typhoon Molave hit Central Vietnam on Wednesday (28th October), the fourthContinue reading “35 Die in Central Vietnam After Typhoon Molave”
- Andaman SeaMy favourite pictures #9 I have always loved water. My fearless antics around swimming pools as a 2 year old scared myContinue reading “Andaman Sea”
- Typhoon Molave Batters Central VietnamTyphoon Molave, believed to be the most powerful storm to hit Vietnam in the last 20 years, made landfall just south ofContinue reading “Typhoon Molave Batters Central Vietnam”
- SongthaewMy favourite pictures #8 I have ridden in many a Songthaew over the years. We have hailed them from the side ofContinue reading “Songthaew”
- Threat to Komodo Dragon by “Jurassic Park”Protests against an Indonesian government backed scheme to promote tourism on Rinca Island, dubbed “Jurassic Park” have intensified following the publication ofContinue reading “Threat to Komodo Dragon by “Jurassic Park””
- Street FoodMy favourite pictures #7 I love street food. This picture sums up everything that is good about street food for me. WanderContinue reading “Street Food”